Bag rub tip

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date
D

Deleted Member 1156

Over the years I've had some quite serious rub marks on various graphite shafts. Today I went to the local fabric shop and bought a quarter of a metre (min amount) of a furry velour type material for £2.25 and a can of contact adhesive for £2.99. Cut out the right size, glued it on, job done. I'll report back if it prevents any future bag rub.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I just put a bit of celotape or insulation tape on the shaft at the point the rubbing starts.. 1 wrap has no detrimental affects

Mandofred

Visit site
I've been using moleskin......but I think I will go the fabric route at some point. Might just buy a new bag before too much longer......I've had 3 bags in the last 5 years, they all rub. What really gets up my nose is on some of the slots they put in the rivets and they stick out enough to rub the club. Just bad design/workmanship.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Have you tried finding long headcovers these days? Plenty of people advertise them but in reality they are no longer than standard ones.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I used to evostik some vinyl I had left over from an MGB restoration into my bag, but now I have 14 way dividers it is not so easy.

My next carry bag will be a 4 way top.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I use a rubber glue and stick some folded micro fibre cloth at the top of where my graphite shafted clubs go (so driver, and 2 hybrids). Its colour coded to match the bag dividers so it doenst look pants. Does an excellent job of protecting the shafts:)

Mandofred

Visit site
My next carry bag will be a 4 way top.
That's what I'm planning to do. I've been using bags with slots for all the clubs......next bag will only have a few slots. Carry or trolley bag......I never had this problem with those bags in the past.....and if I do it should be easy to glue something into the larger openings.