At range Tee or ground

Dreamer2

Head Pro
Visit site
hi, sometimes my contact isn't great if I'm having a bad day so i go to the range

i only ever play the driver of the rubber tee's
all my iron shots are of the matt is this what you do ???

i was thinking on the course if i have a bad shot i take to much divet
at the range it herts the arms if i hit the matt before the ball would my irons be better with a low rubber Tee than using the matt ?

what do you do :cheers:

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I only use irons off the mat and im no expert but I certainly wouldnt think hitting them off any size tee will do any good at all.

Last edited:

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am currently using irons off the tee's at the range to simulate par 3 tee shots, all the rest are off the deck even hybrids

just cant figure out how I can muller a hybrid off a mat yet make a balls up on the course :)

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
As above. If you hit irons off a tee all the time you will not learn to hit off the deck properly. Driver on tee always!!

The problem I have with mats at the range is they offer a degree of forgiveness in that they will allow the club to bounce onto the ball and not really punish you for hitting a fat shot. If you can I would hit off grass whenever you practice.

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
The problem I have with mats at the range is they offer a degree of forgiveness in that they will allow the club to bounce onto the ball and not really punish you for hitting a fat shot. If you can I would hit off grass whenever you practice.

To true. I only use the range when the weather dictates. Also in evenings I use it to work on my driving.Yes it does bounce the club onto the ball so you can end up hitting a decent shot when it reality it was a shocker. We have a grass practice area which I always use wheneve possible.

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Was advised by my pro to do alternate shots with irons one off tee one off mat to get you used to changes that happen in a game. So I tend to do that

DCB

Visit site
I'll hit a few off the lowest tee with an iron just to find my rhythm. Once loosened up and swinging well, it's all off the mat.