Asian woman 😁😁

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I actually saw an article about this recently. Maybe it wasn't Olympic funding, you are right it probably wasn't, but it was certainly major funding and Netball was missing out as it would not put money into encouraging boys / men to play. The funding bodies will only put money into sports that encourage equal participation. Netball argued that was ridiculous and be a waste of money. They wanted to concentrate on females only, really focus on them, and not spend money on trying to encourage males who were unlikely to play it anyway.

Imagine the uproar if they said "They wanted to concentrate on males only, really focus on them, and not spend money on trying to encourage females who were unlikely to play it anyway."

I actually really enjoyed playing netball when younger. Not sure why it should be a female sport.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I know a certain pro was accused of being racist for making a comment related to this but I think it's a interesting question.

Why does Asia-mainly Korea- have such a strong hold on the women's game?

Is it a culture thing? If so then why don't the men win more?
Or do they have a certain swing characteristic that means they hit it further then their competitors?
I know you do have woman who challenge the field like Georgia hall but in general it seems that Asia rules when it comes to the women's game

I'd imagine this is simply a culture thing, where girls in SK see Golf just as much a sport / activity for them as boys do.

We still have a hugely gender orientated culture in the west where boys play football / golf / rugby and girls dancing / gymnastics / equestrian etc.
And for many on both sides, no sport at all.

I think it is something that will be difficult to change in all honesty and really it is something that has to change organically.

D

Deleted member 21258

I thought Shibuno was a worthy and delightful winner - no holding back with the winning putt! - she can most definitely be a 'Smiling Cinderella' today :)

Been watching on iplayer, the bbc highlights and she comes across brilliantly, a joy to watch on the highlights.

JollyRedDevil

Club Champion
Visit site
I have always wondered about this too. It's also not related to nationality but place of genetic origin.
Even withing the us lady pros, most are of Asian origin.
I actually counted the number of players in the open with obvious Asian names (regardless of which country they represented) and it was 39% Asian background.