Ash cloud insurance success

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I am only posting this if it helps anyone affected by the ash cloud at Easter time 2 years ago.

If you were insured by "Insure and Go" also trading as "Europ Assist" and other names as well (I believe) and havn't claimed because you were told by them that it was NOT an insured matter under your travel insurance policy, the matter being an "Act of God" then I have some interesting news.

Like a number of travellers caught up in the sorry mess, I was refused payout by Insure And Go, I eventually went to the Insurance Ombudsman as I always believed that the matter was purely "weather related" and they should pay out. The Ombudsmab took the same view and instructed all insurers to pay out valid claims. All but Insure and Go accepted this, they decided to go to the High Court for a ruling on what constituted a"cloud" and they lost their argument and are now having to pay out claims

So, if you didn't claim from these scumbags or accepted when they told you it wasn't covered - it is - and I would think that you still have every right to claim

Good luck

Chris

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
[h=2]Philosophical implications[/h]Oolon Colluphid used the Babel fish as the main theme of his best-selling book, Well That About Wraps It Up For God. Colluphid uses the Babel fish as an argument for intelligent design, but then goes further to use it to actually prove God does not exist. The basic argument runs thus:
God refuses to prove that (S)He exists because proof denies faith and without faith God is nothing.Man then counters that the Babel fish is a dead giveaway because it could not have evolved by chance. It therefore proves God exists, but by God's own arguments God does not exist.God realizes (S)He hadn't thought of that and promptly disappears in a puff of logic.

Fragger
with apologies to The late Douglas Adams