Aruba or Bali

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Never been to either in October, Aruba was in November on a cruise and it is nice. Especially if you like swimming, snorkelling and diving. If memory serves me right. Back in 2018, the only flights direct were from Amsterdam what with Aruba being an ex Dutch colony. That may have changed. Could I spend a week or two there. I am not really sure. The weather was gorgeous.
Bali we went around March time. We loved it. Hell of a lot more culture to see in Bali. Depends really what you want from your holiday. Just googled Bali weather in October
In October, Bali sees average daily temperatures ranging from 24°C (75°F) to 31°C (88°F). The nights are cooler, with temperatures dropping to around 23°C (73°F). Despite the increase in rainfall, the temperatures remain pleasant, providing a comfortable atmosphere for outdoor activities.
Edit to say, Bali was the last stop of a three centre holiday. Fly to Kuala Lumpar, connecting flight to Borneo to see the orangutans etc, back to Kuala Lumpar for a few days. Then a week down in Bali. A fantastic holiday. Booked through secret escapes, Ut the holiday company was called THG. The hotels were excellent. 👍

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Never been to either in October, Aruba was in November on a cruise and it is nice. Especially if you like swimming, snorkelling and diving. If memory serves me right. Back in 2018, the only flights direct were from Amsterdam what with Aruba being an ex Dutch colony. That may have changed. Could I spend a week or two there. I am not really sure. The weather was gorgeous.
Bali we went around March time. We loved it. Hell of a lot more culture to see in Bali. Depends really what you want from your holiday. Just googled Bali weather in October
In October, Bali sees average daily temperatures ranging from 24°C (75°F) to 31°C (88°F). The nights are cooler, with temperatures dropping to around 23°C (73°F). Despite the increase in rainfall, the temperatures remain pleasant, providing a comfortable atmosphere for outdoor activities.
Edit to say, Bali was the last stop of a three centre holiday. Fly to Kuala Lumpar, connecting flight to Borneo to see the orangutans etc, back to Kuala Lumpar for a few days. Then a week down in Bali. A fantastic holiday. Booked through secret escapes, Ut the holiday company was called THG. The hotels were excellent. 👍

OK I am liking the sound of that 3 stop holiday. Will be looking in to that for next year.

As for the OP Question, never been to either of those but would be interested to see how they are if you go as have fallen into a bit of a pattern between Antigua and Mauritius and need to change things up a bit.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I flew direct to Aruba with Virgin back in 2016 from Gatwick. Would have been mid-August though. Lots of Americans and the food portions in restaurants were very much geared up to that particular market.

Weather wise was hot but there was always a reasonable strong wind to help cool things down. All the resorts are on the south/west side of the island, the north/eastside is a lot more exposed and rugged. As has been mentioned its a Dutch colony so there is a lot of Dutch influence in the architecture. I'd agree that Bali has more in the way of cultural sights. Once you get out of the main resort areas in Aruba, other than a few small villages there's not a great deal there though the traditional carnival in San Nicolas is lively and colourful. If you love lying on a beach though...

Lots of reptile life in Aruba....lizards, Geckos stuff like that, especially round the hotels where waste food is easy pickings. One of the buggers even took to a swim in the hotel pool to avoid being chased by a dog. Not just little uns either. I dont mind them but I know folks who run a mile at stuff like that...especially when they are sat next to you whilst you have your breakfast!! Oh...I went on a submarine trip whilst in Aruba....it leaked!!!

Bali I went on honeymoon back in 2000. Truly idyllic.

I don't think you'd be disappointed with either if you like places like Antigua etc.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
My wife went to Aruba for a wedding in September a few years back and absolutely loved it, amazing weather, brilliant locals etc. Well worth a visit, she wants to go back as a family one day!