Artificial grass installation

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We had artificial grass installed about 13 years ago after our new pup started doing her business leaving bare brown patches then digging up the rest.
We have decking at the back area but covered it with artificial grass, because it was like a skating rink when wet.
As said earlier preparation is the most important part. Anyone that does mono block or paving work should be able to level and do the ground work. Shouldn't be too difficult as you already have a prepared base, just needs levelling and a timber grounding round the 4 sides to fix the turf onto.
Lots of tutorial videos on YouTube to watch, but personally I would employ someone, and watch/supervise them

You can send for turf samples and buy it yourself online .
We actually vacuum and brush ours , it comes up like new.(y)

Is that his and her sheds? Love the lay out

Really low effort isn't it. We jet wash ours because of the dog.. spray it down with a but of this fake grass cleaner I found on eBay.. smells like freshly cut grass lol 10 min job if that once every 2 months

Or when I can be bothered lol

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Lay the grass on a bed of modified type 1 (Type 1 with the fines removed) the professional 3g/4g have shredded rubber tyres to give some protection and a bit of sand brushed thru but doubt you will be using the quality they use.

Ideally you want a good level and proper base layer. Do it once, do it right.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is that his and her sheds? Love the lay out

Really low effort isn't it. We jet wash ours because of the dog.. spray it down with a but of this fake grass cleaner I found on eBay.. smells like freshly cut grass lol 10 min job if that once every 2 months

Or when I can be bothered lol
Yes 2 sheds , Her shed on the right even has a carpet and kept very tidy, mines on the left however is a rumble but I know where everything is :whistle:.
We did have a small dog kennel in the middle , but we got rid of it because of squirrels and cat squatters and our dog didn't use it.
I wouldn't pressure wash your fake grass , it could wash away some of the concrete sand base below, just a light spray should suffice.
I get the odd weed growing on it so need to spray some weed killer on it .

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes 2 sheds , Her shed on the right even has a carpet and kept very tidy, mines on the left however is a rumble but I know where everything is :whistle:.
We did have a small dog kennel in the middle , but we got rid of it because of squirrels and cat squatters and our dog didn't use it.
I wouldn't pressure wash your fake grass , it could wash away some of the concrete sand base below, just a light spray should suffice.
I get the odd weed growing on it so need to spray some weed killer on it .

Ah yes a bit of weed killer now and again doesn't go a miss. Do you ever spray on the grass to stop them when birds drop seeds?

We already have a patch that got washed away when I let the water butt out to drain .. annoying but still looks fine

I don't use the pressure wash on high setting just light spray kinda setting to clean up the poo lol

20200428_110414-1024x1365.jpg

Thought I'd post when not looking good for @Orikoru so can see some of its other looks

Make sure if you do it get drainage even throughout we do get patches that don't drain because we went for concrete and not stones down side , this was due to the dog eating stones all time in old garden so had to do this.. just means bit of alegi builds up and I spray this wet and forget over it every 4 months maybe and goes away nicely , but if you don't have a dog the drainage of stones should help

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I paid NoMow £4k to do mine, area was far too big to do myself. Worth every penny, usable all year round and the dog can't kill it with his number ones like he did the grass.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I do get stuff growing through mine though, usual weeds but what seems like moss too. Will have to investigate what to do about that, the dog will snaffle up anything I put down.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I paid NoMow £4k to do mine, area was far too big to do myself. Worth every penny, usable all year round and the dog can't kill it with his number ones like he did the grass.

I really think my neighbour (who isn't a DIY guy at all) cuts his grass in the summer and washed his car every week just to escape the kids

I mean his car goes out 3 times a week. We think he just uses it as excuse to hide for a few hours

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I do get stuff growing through mine though, usual weeds but what seems like moss too. Will have to investigate what to do about that, the dog will snaffle up anything I put down.

Trade secret. Ignore for long enough and my mum will do it for you ? had some tiny grass growing through

Left for ages couldn't be bothered

My mum was stuck here one day can't remember why think I was working and she was on child care but couldn't leave house

Came home and was done

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Trade secret. Ignore for long enough and my mum will do it for you ? had some tiny grass growing through

Left for ages couldn't be bothered

My mum was stuck here one day can't remember why think I was working and she was on child care but couldn't leave house

Came home and was done

Send her round mate

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
it's not usually growing through it. it's growing in it. easy way to tell is to get on your hands and knees and you can usually tease it out with the roots intact. other than that, use weedkiller