Arnold Palmer Invitational

Lwatson-jones

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The big difference is Tiger is smiling. He is showing himself as human. First time around he was anything but and that is why I was not a fan, not that that would bother him 😁. A smiling Tiger will be very welcome back.

Got to agree here, always thought the previous Tiger to be an automaton.. this one has emotions and is a pleasure to watch.. and DAMN he is playing some lovely golf

still want Rory to win this one though :D

Del_Boy

Head Pro
Visit site
Absolutely!

And it's not an anti-Tiger thing as I have made the same observation about other players in the past.

I can't think of any hole on any course that I regularly play where there would be the same opportunity.

What would you put it down to poor course design?

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think we're going to see Stenson, McIlroy, Rose and Woods competing at the top of quite a few leaderboards this year. This could be one of the most exciting years of golf ever, especially when you think you can add DJ, JT, Spieth, Rahm, Day, Matsuyama, Fowler, Mickelson, Bubba, Sergio, Fleetwood, Casey to that 4, and I'm sure you could name more on top of that. What a pool of talent we have in the game of golf right now.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
That was a shame for TW but it is actually what should happen for an erratic tee shot, three off the tee for those not watching. He got away with it before, not this hole.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
The driver still the club letting him down. If he can have a good week with the big dog he'll win. So impressed with the way he's playing at the minute, could never have predicted this after the last few comebacks.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The driver still the club letting him down. If he can have a good week with the big dog he'll win. So impressed with the way he's playing at the minute, could never have predicted this after the last few comebacks.

Twist face for you lol

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Twist face for you lol

Haha - no amount of twist face is helping Tiger with some of the drives we're seeing ATM.

I was about to type it before they started discussing it on commentary, but I don't understand why Tiger doesn't hit more 3-woods off the tee. No need to hit driver on that Par 5 given how little he had in with his 2nd ball.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Rory's back , Stenson's back , Casey's back , Phil's back and Tiger is almost back, plus the ones that haven't been away , going to be a very competitive Masters Masters.:whoo:

D

Deleted member 18588

is it not down to the sheer power these guys have? I doubt us mere mortals would go that far wide with the distance etc

Nothing to do with their power.

Just no way that any player, pro or hacker, should be having an unhindered shot to the green after missing a fairway by that distance.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
so at this rate we could have a play off between one of the best looking swings in golf against the ugliest swing in golf