Are Yanks Welcome___at least coastal ones?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
It's a Lovett 63º sand iron...automatic from fluffy greenside bunkers--totally useless from grass.

And at my level, "automatic" means putting the next stroke, not necessarily making the sand save!

Effective, but ugly then. What ever works, does the job. Ever considered a chipper in the bag?

Just joking. Have fun here, most take it way too seriously.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Of course, welcome. The majority of posters will be based around the British Isles as long as that doesn't bother you.
We like a good moan over here, and will poke fun at the next town/city, county, country etc., so the US of A will inevitably come in for some stick- so best if you have a thick skin.
Oh and maybe take a break when the Ryder cup is on ??

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Coming from Boston and being a Pats fan, deffo welcome on here. However, politics, football and talking about NFL “ Cheatriots” does bring out the best and worst in us. Happy new year me man And eyup me man.

Robin Hood

Visit site
Well chaps, Ye Olde Boomer, sounds like a thoroughly decent sort (for a Johnny foreigner ??)
He can pass through Sherwood Forest without paying my toll. However I would welcome him to a duel on the greens of Nottingham
Pass me another tankard of sweet sherry Maid Marion.
Tally Ho !!
"Happy New Year" to one and all.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Bud and Miller Lite (that's how they spell it) taste like dishwater. We drink beer cold so that we don't have to taste it. Good beer tastes fine at room temperature. I like Guinness which is unfortunately Irish but they sell it in London pubs. They sell it in American bars, too. Sometimes on top of Bass Ale in a two-tone configuration. I have a Welsh Terrior of roughly the same color (colour?). Welsh terrorist, really.

I obviously know London is a great city. Town used in that contest is an American thing. When I lived in Boston, which is tiny compared to London but definitely a world city nonetheless, we'd say "I'll be out of town for a couple of days." Or , "That's one of the best restaurants in town."

Politics can be a problem. I don't know much about your man Boris, but Trump is a (expletive deleted) of the lowest order. If you like him, you can have him.
Also, your NHS is the standard of the civilized world. We'll be dead last to socialized medicine just as we were last to abolish slavery--you sent all of your most socially regressive people here, apparently. If you'd like some of your great empire back, you're more than welcome to all of our Republican (Tory) voting states.

Wow! That's quite a golf discussion!

Likes beer and dogs, hates tories, welcome on board chief.:)

Ive been to Boston on hols a few times, stayed near Plymouth for a week for our Honeymoon, stayed in Salem for a week on another trip, and graced the bleachers of Fenway to watch my footy team (Liverpool) play a pre-season game there, great and historic stadium.