"I could never do that again!" Million to one shots.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hit some power cables that cross the 6th fairway at Hartswood from about 150 yards away. Dropped a ball down to play again and promptly hit the same wires again!

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Playing our 9th and two players on opposite sides of the fairway hit at the same time and their balls collided in mid air .
Snap, Much the same thing happened to me , i teed of at the 2nd hole at Greenburn gc, same time a guy played his 2nd shot onto the 2nd green, our balls collided above the green , his went OOB mines went straght on . lol

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
When it comes to real million-to-one shots, Homer once bought me a drink when we worked together in the 1980s.
I bought my fourball playing companions a drink after we played in the roll-up last Saturday. The organiser suggested that the glass of one of the pints I bought should be put into a special place in our Trophy Cabinet. The cheek!!

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Two holes in one, same round, different PP.

Cricket match, batsman other end bowled as his bat splits in half across grain and leans a perfect 45 degs against middle stump.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had 3 twos and won nearest the pin at 2 holes , back in 36 scratch, playing Bathgate GC invitation way back in the mid 80s.
At a £1 for a double brandy at the beer tent, I was on auto pilot and pissed as a fart, those were the days :love:.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
I'm a disturbingly average golfer, but will never rise to those lofty heights at a pool table.

On days when it's too drizzly to play golf, I'd rather make my contribution to the local economy at the club's card tables than embarrass myself playing pool.

I once, however, called and then pocketed a four ball combination / two bank shot. I was completely stymied and called the shot in jest--then made it.
The fates were using me to have a good laugh.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm a disturbingly average golfer, but will never rise to those lofty heights at a pool table.

On days when it's too drizzly to play golf, I'd rather make my contribution to the local economy at the club's card tables than embarrass myself playing pool.

I once, however, called and then pocketed a four ball combination / two bank shot. I was completely stymied and called the shot in jest--then made it.
The fates were using me to have a good laugh.
Snookered not stymied , 2 cushion shot(y)

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’ve posted this before, still gives me a little chufty thinking about it:

When I was about 12 or 13 I hung about over the town centre like a scroat, with a massive group of lads and lasses of varying ages. One time a policeman came over to have a chat and noticed I was chewing gum when he was addressing me. He apparently took this as disrespectful and told me to spit it out.

Trying to be cool, I refused, so he threatened to drag me home. At that I spat my chewing gum out and volleyed it into a bin approx 10 metres away. The surrounding crowds (about 30 other scroats) were jubilant. I celebrated like the love child of Marco Tardelli and Ryan Giggs. The copper just walked off.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hit some power cables that cross the 6th fairway at Hartswood from about 150 yards away. Dropped a ball down to play again and promptly hit the same wires again!

My friends dad did this but both balls ended up in the pond in almost exactly the same place