Arcoss 360???

Walshie

Visit site
Evening all,

This is my first time on the forum.

I have been playing Golf on and off since I was a kid, I was a decent golfer when I was younger but always preferred Football.
As I’m getting older now 33 I am getting more and more into my Golf and last summer I joined a golf club
(one of the best things I have done in a long time)
I have a handicap of 17 and and getting along quite nicely. I am looking for ways to progress and track my game, I am also really into my Technology and Gadgets and I’m thinking about buying the Arcoss 360 system.
I have watched as many online reviews as I can find (which isn’t many) and I’m wondering if anyone can offer up a real world review of the system?!

Thanks

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Evening all,

This is my first time on the forum.

I have been playing Golf on and off since I was a kid, I was a decent golfer when I was younger but always preferred Football.
As I’m getting older now 33 I am getting more and more into my Golf and last summer I joined a golf club
(one of the best things I have done in a long time)
I have a handicap of 17 and and getting along quite nicely. I am looking for ways to progress and track my game, I am also really into my Technology and Gadgets and I’m thinking about buying the Arcoss 360 system.
I have watched as many online reviews as I can find (which isn’t many) and I’m wondering if anyone can offer up a real world review of the system?!

Thanks

I’ve got game golf which I prefer because it’s free to use forever where as accoss you pay yearly I believe

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I believe if you buy the 360 sensors rather than the grips then the subscription I think is included
Game golf do their own version now that’s no tagging

The user interface is amazing and so many golfers us it

I’m yet to met someone that uses 360

Walshie

Visit site
Game golf do their own version now that’s no tagging

The user interface is amazing and so many golfers us it

I’m yet to met someone that uses 360
I’m the same I haven’t met anyone that uses any of these systems. I disregarded game golf because of the tagging if there is a version without I will have another look. Is that what you game?!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m the same I haven’t met anyone that uses any of these systems. I disregarded game golf because of the tagging if there is a version without I will have another look. Is that what you game?!

I use game golf live

Tagging really isn’t an issue. I just do it at address

But if you need tagless game golf pro

Both these systems need a smart phone in your pocket

That would annoy me more than tagging

Walshie

Visit site
I use game golf live

Tagging really isn’t an issue. I just do it at address

But if you need tagless game golf pro

Both these systems need a smart phone in your pocket

That would annoy me more than tagging
The smart phone in my pocket doesn’t actually bother me and arcoss are releasing a little device that you put in your pocket which means you don’t need to have your smart phone in your pocket. The tagging would only bother me if I forgot to do it. Then it would really bug me

Wolf

Visit site
I use Arccos 360.

I love it and there's no faffing about. The app gives you some really good breakdowns of your round, but you also get Arcoss dashboard included through their website portal and its brilliant for delving even deeper into stats, misses, distance , scoring averages and much more.

And no yearly cost despite what's been mentioned by others once you have bought it you're good to go no extra costs.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ve got one also.

Ruddy great bit of kit. Better than my old game golf which just annoyed me tbh.

The social features of GG are better though.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I am now three months into tracking my own stats and it wipes out anything Arcoss or GameGolf could do. For example, you could thin a 7-iron 150 yards along the ground that finishes four feet from the flag and both those systems will record it as a great shot.

I track yardage off the tee using my Sky Caddie. Same for lay-ups and then approach shots. Each shot I mark out of five for Swing/Ball Flight/Accuracy. When I get to the green, I can easily estimate the putt distance.
No more than five minutes to drop each shot into an EXCEL when I get in and one pivot table later, I have every piece of analysis I need for each club from the tee, fairway, rough. I can see how often I hit the green with approach shots with each club, average distance from the hole etc.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I got the Arccos sensors with my Cobra F8 clubs and was really looking forward to using it, but I had so many technical issues with it, that I just gave up after a while. Too many shots were picked up incorrectly or not at all and editing the false shots after the round was way too fiddly and very often did not work at all. Synchronization between the mobile and the web version took forever (sometimes till the next day), which made using the slightly better webinterface on a desktop computer for round editing a bother as well.

It really annoyed me no end and I have decided to not go prolong my subscription (which would cost me 50 € a year from the second year onward), because I just get no benefit whatsoever out of it. Plus you have to carry your phone in your front pocket which is awkward (they finally did bring out a belt clip to use instead of the phone, but that costs extra, so I did not get a chance to try that)

I do have a Garmin S2 gps watch, which allows me to measure my shot distance if I want to (I have to manually switch it on after the shot before moving to my ball, though), and I use that on practice rounds sometimes to get a feel for my club distances, and that is sufficient for me.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I got the Arccos sensors with my Cobra F8 clubs and was really looking forward to using it, but I had so many technical issues with it, that I just gave up after a while. Too many shots were picked up incorrectly or not at all and editing the false shots after the round was way too fiddly and very often did not work at all. Synchronization between the mobile and the web version took forever (sometimes till the next day), which made using the slightly better webinterface on a desktop computer for round editing a bother as well.

It really annoyed me no end and I have decided to not go prolong my subscription (which would cost me 50 € a year from the second year onward), because I just get no benefit whatsoever out of it. Plus you have to carry your phone in your front pocket which is awkward (they finally did bring out a belt clip to use instead of the phone, but that costs extra, so I did not get a chance to try that)

I do have a Garmin S2 gps watch, which allows me to measure my shot distance if I want to (I have to manually switch it on after the shot before moving to my ball, though), and I use that on practice rounds sometimes to get a feel for my club distances, and that is sufficient for me.

Maybe this is were I got the on going cost from

I bought game golf second hand for £80 ish

Sold it for £50 when game golf themselves offered me live for £99

Happy days all round

Live is brilliant soon as the rounds done I can edit it
If course is busy I can edit it on the course

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
An alternative if you don't have GPS watch as of yet is the shotscope V2.

Tracks all shots really well, gives distance to front, middle, back as well as any hazards. Has good stat's post round but the deal maker for me was pin collect feature which you press over the hole to record the pin position which allows the app to detect if you missed your putt short, long. left or right. The only tagging you need to do really is record the number of putts you have over the hole to get the full benefit. (Everything else is automatic with no syncing issues as the watch is in such close proximity to the tags in your grips. Much less faff than other trackers i've used.

One drawback to consider is wearing a watch whilst golfing, I have had no issues with this however despite never usually wearing a watch whilst golfing.

Walshie

Visit site
I am now three months into tracking my own stats and it wipes out anything Arcoss or GameGolf could do. For example, you could thin a 7-iron 150 yards along the ground that finishes four feet from the flag and both those systems will record it as a great shot.

I track yardage off the tee using my Sky Caddie. Same for lay-ups and then approach shots. Each shot I mark out of five for Swing/Ball Flight/Accuracy. When I get to the green, I can easily estimate the putt distance.
No more than five minutes to drop each shot into an EXCEL when I get in and one pivot table later, I have every piece of analysis I need for each club from the tee, fairway, rough. I can see how often I hit the green with approach shots with each club, average distance from the hole etc.
I have to say this is very commendable, I don’t know if I have the memory,patience or the commitment to undertake such a task.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It's dead easy to record the stats after each shot. The only thing I occasionally forget to do is mark the spot on the tee so I can track the yardage of the drive. I do have some decent EXCEL/programming skills to write the analysis program but it is proving invaluable data. After 25+ rounds of recording the shots in a notebook that I keep with my scorecard, it is second nature now.

It depends what you want to get out of the analysis. If you just want a gadget, great, go ahead and spend £200+. You have to make it worthwhile. Otherwise it is just a waste of money and will not help your game.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have game golf live. You can pick it up on the bay for around £50 and resell it for approx the same if you don't like it.
Tagging really isn't an issue for me. Sometimes I might tag twice, but when you go through the round it takes a single click to delete the double tag. Sometimes I might forget, but the sensor on your hip detects that you made a swing, so when you review the round afterwards you can just attach a club to it.
Putting is the hardest thing to track for me - it's easy to forget to tag and there's no motion to pick up the stroke. The other issue with putting is that I can't zoom into the green enough when reviewing the round to accurately place the flag or short putts. Maybe I'm missing a trick?
Haven't been using it long enough yet (only about 4 rounds) to say how useful all the numbers are.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16999

It's dead easy to record the stats after each shot. The only thing I occasionally forget to do is mark the spot on the tee so I can track the yardage of the drive. I do have some decent EXCEL/programming skills to write the analysis program but it is proving invaluable data. After 25+ rounds of recording the shots in a notebook that I keep with my scorecard, it is second nature now.

It depends what you want to get out of the analysis. If you just want a gadget, great, go ahead and spend £200+. You have to make it worthwhile. Otherwise it is just a waste of money and will not help your game.
I admire your ability to remember every shot and your excel/database skills, but you’re probably in the minority with that ability.

And totally agree it’s how you use the gadget rather than just owning it.
I’ve had GG since it first came out moved to GG Live and was on the Product testing team for GG Pro, my handicap has also reduced over 6 shots since I started with the original GG.

It’s vital if you wish to improve your handicap and want to use the gadget to help, you need to understand the information and the limitations of the that information.

For those interested GG Pro did have some teething problems and 99% of them have been sorted. You don’t need your phone in your pocket to use it, you actually don’t need your phone at all, I used/tested it with Phone on cradle, in pocket, in my bag and left behind in the car, it functioned just as well regardless of phone location.

But as above, pointless unless you actually understsnd use the information provided.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I've tried Game Golf and Shotscope.
My only issue with them was that they missed shots.
Whilst it's relatively painless going into the system and editing the numbers, it was getting to the point where I was having to check every single shot - based on the principle that if it's missed one it could have missed more.
And that became too much of a pain in the button to be perfectly honest.
I'd love to use a system that provides the stats but I'm at the point where I'm not sure I can trust the system to pick every shot so I don't have to spend half my life double checking....if I have to check every shot I may as week do it the way Shark does it...

Paul/ Jon - how often does GG/Arcoss miss shots for you?

D

Deleted member 16999

I've tried Game Golf and Shotscope.
My only issue with them was that they missed shots.
Whilst it's relatively painless going into the system and editing the numbers, it was getting to the point where I was having to check every single shot - based on the principle that if it's missed one it could have missed more.
And that became too much of a pain in the button to be perfectly honest.
I'd love to use a system that provides the stats but I'm at the point where I'm not sure I can trust the system to pick every shot so I don't have to spend half my life double checking....if I have to check every shot I may as week do it the way Shark does it...

Paul/ Jon - how often does GG/Arcoss miss shots for you?
GG Pro missed some initially as there was problems with the sensitivity of the sensors! Never missed a shot with GG Live or original unless I forgot to tag.