Arccos free trial - am I missing something here?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I've just bought a G425 hybrid which has an inbuilt Arccos sensor in the grip. I downloaded the app which is offering me a free 45 day trial. They will send me a set of sensors for the rest of my clubs as part of the free trial.

After the 45 days, they will take a $119 annual subscription.

There is no mention of a cost for the actual sensors themselves.

Have they dropped charging for the sensors in favour of a subscription-only model, or will I also get hit with a charge for them?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
They've done deals with Ping, Cobra and others so when you buy a, in this instance, Ping club you get the sensor in the grip plus they send you the other tags in the hope you'll use them and pay Arccos 100 quid a year for the privilege.
They still sell the sensors to those who don't qualify for the freebies
It's a marketing ploy to get you tied in..
If it's a road you want to go down it's a cheaper way of getting there.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
They've done deals with Ping, Cobra and others so when you buy a, in this instance, Ping club you get the sensor in the grip plus they send you the other tags in the hope you'll use them and pay Arccos 100 quid a year for the privilege.
They still sell the sensors to those who don't qualify for the freebies
It's a marketing ploy to get you tied in..
If it's a road you want to go down it's a cheaper way of getting there.

I like the idea, but don't fancy having to keep my phone in my pocket when playing or paying another £120 for a belt clip.

I guess I could give a go with the free trial, then cancel and flog the sensors if I'm not totally hooked.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I recently bought a Ping 425 wood I recently received an offer of free sensors to fit in all my other clubs. I did not take it up simply because I have no use for the system, not bothered really as I no longer practice, do not keep stats and know my yardages reasonably well.

I too thought about going for the trial just to sell the sensors.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
We seem to have GPS drop-out areas on the course...I've tried a few of the tracking systems and none of them could keep a signal and dropped out after a few holes.
Even my Skycaddie, which turns over to a new hole every time at other courses, rarely turns over between 2 and 3, occasionally misses 6 tom7 and never, ever turns over from 16 to 17..

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I like the idea, but don't fancy having to keep my phone in my pocket when playing or paying another £120 for a belt clip.

I guess I could give a go with the free trial, then cancel and flog the sensors if I'm not totally hooked.

sensors arrived today, about to go up in For Sale section :)

Bwgan

Hacker
Visit site
I got the sensors through the Ping offer but I only used the once because I've got an android phone and it used all my battery in 18 holes (Apparently better with iPhone)
Switched back to my GameGolf.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I got the sensors through the Ping offer but I only used the once because I've got an android phone and it used all my battery in 18 holes (Apparently better with iPhone)

They have optimised the app to work with the Apple Watch. Unfortunately that's for the 6 and mine is a 5 or I would have thought about keeping them.

NeilG

Visit site
I use an iPhone with these and no problems so far.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I use an iPhone with these and no problems so far.

I’ve used Arccos with an android phone for 6 months without issue. It used far less battery life than Golfshot.

I’ve only used it for 2 rounds with an iPhone and 1 with an Apple Watch 7. I’ve found that the iPhone battery has drained more than my old Huawei P30.

The Apple Watch was fully charged before the round and was down to 40% after.

D

Deleted member 21445

I've finally had enough of Arccos, it's great when it works flawlessly but rarely does in my experience.
Fed up of sensors not working and found the caddie to not be very smart.
Sure it's good for some but it's not for me.

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I recently bought a Ping 425 wood I recently received an offer of free sensors to fit in all my other clubs. I did not take it up simply because I have no use for the system, not bothered really as I no longer practice, do not keep stats and know my yardages reasonably well.

I too thought about going for the trial just to sell the sensors.

And clearly no idea how Arccos works either…..

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And clearly no idea how Arccos works either…..

Why do you say that?

I know they go in to the end of the grip use and link to a mobile phone. I guess they may have accelerometers inside them, sense the speed of the swing and presumably other factors. Club fitters like Ping use them at the demo days to link to their laptops to get the information they need to asses the best club for you.

It is not how they work that it is the important factor it is what you do with the information gained from the system.