Anyone use a tablet to track a society's h/caps

MikeB

Club Champion
Visit site
My old Dad does the handicap admin for his regular group of 12 players (they have their own rules such as 1 shot cut for winning etc) I want to get him an Android tablet such as a Samsung Galaxy for his birthday and if possible pre install an app so he can input the days scores and handicap changes immediately post game rather than wait until he's home at his pc.
Does anyone know if such an app exists or suggest another way of doing it?

Thanks in advance.

Jdb2005

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Could try golf shot, but that would need each participant to register and your dad to have there login details. Am sure you in put your handicap at time of registering then once you enter scores of each round it moves your handicap up or down. I may be wrong, but worth looking at. Golfshot.com is web address

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
They can, but to update and edit Excel files you need to purchase the app. The alternative is to put the Excel onto somewhere like Google Drive, you can update the files there and also provide rights so that others can look but not touch ! I have a Nexus 7 which is a fab little bit of kit, highly recommended. I do the above for xl sheets that I want available for myself anywhere.

MikeB

Club Champion
Visit site
They can, but to update and edit Excel files you need to purchase the app. The alternative is to put the Excel onto somewhere like Google Drive, you can update the files there and also provide rights so that others can look but not touch ! I have a Nexus 7 which is a fab little bit of kit, highly recommended. I do the above for xl sheets that I want available for myself anywhere.
Excellent, many thanks, I have successfully tested it on my tablet & I will be able to get one for my Dad & install Google Drive for him.
Thanks again,
Mike.