Anyone still using the Mizuno JPX 850 driver?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
played with it today, and hit a couple of corkers.... par five 7th was a drive and and 8 iron slightly down wind admittedly and even managed to birdie 16.

Even hit one off the deck with it on the 10th into a breeze and almost made the green..

in the bag.

Mcleodc2000

Club Champion
Visit site
I used mine for a couple of months, but just couldn't get along with the stiff Orochi at all.. Yeah, it was long, but it was all over the place! I found myself disliking the feel unless I had the weights in the two most forward positions on the middle (2 & 3 if I remember correctly?). With the weights there, it felt solid enough, but the shaft just felt soft and flimsy (my swing speed is around 110).

I imagine with the right shaft it's a good driver, but it couldn't come close to the D3 Rogue 110 60X in terms of feel and accuracy

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Shaft is half the battle. Especially at 110 club head. The stock would be awful without the smoothest of transitions.

Mcleodc2000

Club Champion
Visit site
It really was the big issue (my transition is pretty far from what you'd call smooth...), didn't have much of an issue with the head, the 7.5 launched high, but that was predominantly the shaft. A couple of swings with the rogue and I was in love- probably had it not been so expensive to buy it on its own I'd have put it in the Mizuno head, but it wasn't the cost effective thing to do. I remember seeing you changed out the stock, I assume you had similar issues?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
It really was the big issue (my transition is pretty far from what you'd call smooth...), didn't have much of an issue with the head, the 7.5 launched high, but that was predominantly the shaft. A couple of swings with the rogue and I was in love- probably had it not been so expensive to buy it on its own I'd have put it in the Mizuno head, but it wasn't the cost effective thing to do. I remember seeing you changed out the stock, I assume you had similar issues?

Ive gone for the Motore Speeder 6.3, far better than the stock shaft which was a bit on the soft side for me.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

The day I was on the launch monitor was before the shafts were made available for the Mizuno. Since the fitter recommend a different shaft I asked to have a crack with an x in a 915 . Thing was like a cannon. First shot went twenty yards further than any shot I had hit all day with the stock shaft in the Mizuno. I went straight on the internet when I got home and bought a new shaft for the Mizuno from the US.