Anyone recommend a fairway wood

ANDYTROW

Club Champion
Visit site
Got some cash for my birthday and wanty to buy a 3 and 5 wood. Got about £120 to spend any thoughts. I was thinking of a Jack Nichlaus Q4 as they're the same as my irons.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I tried several a couple of months ago (Nike SQ, Ping G5, Cobra, TaylorMade) ended up with the Cleveland Hi-Bore which seemed to suit me. This is the same make as my Hybrids but different to my irons (Wilson Staff) and my Driver (TaylorMade)

B

birdieman

I used to have a Taylor Made v-steel, wish I'd hung onto it, very easy to hit off the deck. I now have a Titleist 904f but it's a smaller head and probably aimed at a better player than me!
A really nice 3 wood I used to have was Lynx Predator - not very glam but certainly did the job!

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a Ping G5 which is great off the tee if i'm having a bad day with the big stick. However i don't hit it consistently off the deck as the face is too deep. If you want a 3 wood for shots off the deck then the taylor mades would be a better option as the faces are shallower. Happy hunting !

Thedivot

Visit site
I have just handed back a demo Callaway Big Bertha 5 wood which was terrific but @£129.00 might be too much. Great club though, Good solid feel and high flight. Im savin up man ;0)

damslice

Hacker
Visit site
For quality and performance,you have to try a taylormade burner, i just bought one, its brilliant off the T and so so so easy of the fairway.

ANDYTROW

Club Champion
Visit site
Thanks for your help.
Ended up buying both Jack Nichlaus 3 & 5 woods. £60 each, look god and fel good.
When I get better I will look to buying the more high end models, but for my high handicap I feel these are sufficient for a few years.