Anyone got any experience of snainton golf?

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I have bought online from Snainton on three occassions. Each time I received an email saying the item would be a few days before dispatch. Correct items arrived around ten days after placing order. I gained the impression that it wasn't ordered from their supplier until Snainton received my order. For me, what separates the best internet retailers from the rest, is how quickly they can get my goods to me. Direct Golf have always managed three days or less.

Last 3 orders I have placed have arrived within 3days.

What did you order?

Baldy Bouncer

Blackballed
Visit site
Oops. I totally got the wrong end of the stick then. Sorry guys I thought Baldy was referring to my earlier post. I get very protective of the Mizzy Forum as it's very close to my heart

"Sorry guys"?..... I think you mean "Sorry BB"

Did you actually read my post before jumping down my throat?

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
"Sorry guys"?..... I think you mean "Sorry BB"

Did you actually read my post before jumping down my throat?

unlikely! apparently very typical of what happens on the Mizuno forum according to 3 mates who don't frequent there anymore because of it.

Villiers

Visit site
Sorry Baldy. I'm a nice bloke really. You guys seem to not really like any other Forum's though. That's two that have been called useless just on this thread.

Anyway as far as Snainton Golf are concerned, they are one of the best out there online. My orders have always been delivered within 3 days and very often the next day. I've never had a problem with them, but hey nobody's perfect.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Sorry Baldy. I'm a nice bloke really. You guys seem to not really like any other Forum's though. That's two that have been called useless just on this thread.

Anyway as far as Snainton Golf are concerned, they are one of the best out there online. My orders have always been delivered within 3 days and very often the next day. I've never had a problem with them, but hey nobody's perfect.

Er...Who called either of those forums 'useless'? :confused: Every forum has its own culture with both good and bad points as well, depending on each user. The reason some folk leave a forum could well be the entire reason other folk love it! :whistle:

As an experienced forum user, albeit elsewhere, you should know the danger of (mis-)interpreting what others post!

I agree pretty much with BB re 'Golftragic' though!

Last edited:

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

As stated earlier, on first impressions i'd disagree. 1 order, delivered late and lied to into the bargain, not on in my book.

The best online retailer IMO is Clubhouse Golf.

Villiers

Visit site
Fair enough Foxholer. Probably wrong word to use, but you get the jist of what I meant. You are right about what suits one, doesn't another. Life would be pretty boring if we where all the same I guess. I'm just testing the water on this one TBH and I've never heard of the Golf Magic one

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Can i just say I ordered 2 boxes of Hex Chrome plus balls from Golf Depot for 15 notes each and they turned up after 3 days. So they are now my favourites.;)

G

guest100718

Can i just say I ordered 2 boxes of Hex Chrome plus balls from Golf Depot for 15 notes each and they turned up after 3 days. So they are now my favourites.;)

They are still selling them but at 12.50 a doz now.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
They are still selling them but at 12.50 a doz now.

Thinking about it that is what I paid, I included the postage which brought it to 15 quid each. Veritable bargain I thought, I know some people think they are a bit clicky but they should see me through the worst of the winter months.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Thinking about it that is what I paid, I included the postage which brought it to 15 quid each. Veritable bargain I thought, I know some people think they are a bit clicky but they should see me through the worst of the winter months.

Not me, I think they're an excellent ball and at £12.50/Dozen they are a steal!

Brought 3 dozen from Snainton (Delivered in 3 days :D) over the Christmas/New year period and will probably get a few more in while they are going cheap.

G

guest100718

I bought 7 doz when they were at 15 quid, which is still a bargain tempted to get a few more.....

the smiling assassin

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Used snainton a few times now, and have spoken with them prior to a couple of those orders. Must say I have found them to be thoroughly reliable. Every order has been next day or the day after. DG have also been fine, delivery in 2-3 days. I do prefer snainton for the personal service. Price wise they are usually very good (4x dozen personalised pro v1x s last year for £100 with a code being a highlight) though the 20% off codes for dg can be a little hard to beat.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I bought 7 doz when they were at 15 quid, which is still a bargain tempted to get a few more.....

I brought my first 3 dozen batch on 28/9 last year.

From that 3 dozen I still have 2 un-opened boxes and 4 left from the one that was opened.

I don't lose many balls, so would happily pay the £28.99 price that some retailers are asking.

The fact they can be had for £12.50 (Plus a little P&P) makes it more justifiable to stock up (.... That's what I tell the wife :D)

G

guest100718

I brought my first 3 dozen batch on 28/9 last year.

From that 3 dozen I still have 2 un-opened boxes and 4 left from the one that was opened.

I don't lose many balls, so would happily pay the £28.99 price that some retailers are asking.

The fact they can be had for £12.50 (Plus a little P&P) makes it more justifiable to stock up (.... That's what I tell the wife :D)

same here, I think I have lost 1 maybe 2 so far. Its just at that price it seems rude not to stock up

Villiers

Visit site
In my opinion Snainton are top class, up there with Clubhouse Golf for me as the premier online retailers. Don't get me started on Greg Nicholson though !!!

I wouldn't touch Greg Nicholson with a barge pole. Had bad experiences there a few years ago and never been back since

SteveBonners

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Have to agree that Snainton Golf are in the "premier league" of golf online retailers.

The owner John is always at the end of the phone and they will look to price match other retailers.

Have placed numerous orders and never had a problem. They have a great shop/range if you are ever visiting the Scarborough area.

Visit site
Have to agree that Snainton Golf are in the "premier league" of golf online retailers.

The owner John is always at the end of the phone and they will look to price match other retailers.

Have placed numerous orders and never had a problem. They have a great shop/range if you are ever visiting the Scarborough area.

Sorry - should have made it clear my issue was only with the internet sales and after sales (lack of) care.
I used the driving range, and had lessons there a few years ago and definitely have no complaints about those excellent facilities!!
Haven't used the walk in shop