Anyone got a PuttOUT Deluxe Putting Mat?

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Read some decent reviews of this, so I ordered one from American Golf in the hopes of improving my awful putting!

Had a few goes on it but I seem to have a problem. I have emailed AG about the problem and am awaiting their response, but in the meantime I wondered what other people's experiences of it are.

The problem is that there seems to be a “bias” in the matt which directs everything exactly on the line of the “hole” markings in the middle. At first I thought I was simply amazing at putting straight (which I wish I was!) but it seems that every single putt I hit goes directly down the middle and on target. I have even tried rolling several putts deliberately wide of the target - yet every time they seem to correct themselves and head on the correct line to the “hole”.

So have I somehow received a faulty one, or have other people found this problem as well?

TIA.

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Gonna sound stupid here but have you tried laying the matt out elsewhere- maybe the bias isn't in the Matt but a deviation in the floor it's on?

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Mine will do it some times if I haven't rolled it up in a few days, I brush my hand over the matt before I roll it up and its fine when I roll it back out I also the vacuum it sometimes, your issue has been reported before its just the fibers laying flat as you repeatedly putt across the same lines try putt down the edges on the left or right markers, also move the matt to see if its the matt or your floor

D

Deleted member 16999

I place balls at different distances and angles on mine as well as straight, no issues or concern with mine.

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Mine will do it some times if I haven't rolled it up in a few days, I brush my hand over the matt before I roll it up and its fine when I roll it back out I also the vacuum it sometimes, your issue has been reported before its just the fibers laying flat as you repeatedly putt across the same lines try putt down the edges on the left or right markers, also move the matt to see if its the matt or your floor

Interesting, and I actually did wonder if it's something to do with the fibres. Maybe I'll give it a vacuum and try again!

I have tried it on a couple of different rooms of my house and in different directions and it seems to happen regardless, so I don't think it's the floor.

Any of you guys use the Pressure Putt Training Aid with it? Worth an investment?

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Interesting, and I actually did wonder if it's something to do with the fibres. Maybe I'll give it a vacuum and try again!

I have tried it on a couple of different rooms of my house and in different directions and it seems to happen regardless, so I don't think it's the floor.

Any of you guys use the Pressure Putt Training Aid with it? Worth an investment?

When I contacted puttout about it they said just brush your hand over it and roll it up and leave for 24 hours and it will be OK after that and it was, I have the pressure putt too I don't use it much tho, mostly just the matt for £20 the pressure putt is an alright aid and can be quite fun

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Never had any issues with mine, I don’t often roll it back up as I leave it in spare room.

Same here. It's been rolled up for a while now I can work on the putting at the club after work. However as we had a few heavy showers tonight I got it out as I was suffering golf withdrawal and had no issues with the performance. Getting the perfect putt wasn't so good though