Any tips for my swing?

Bucket92

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hi everyone, just thought I'd chuck my swing on here and see if anyone could give me any tips to improve it! Cheers!

[video=youtube_share;Wsc75KGmGo4]http://youtu.be/Wsc75KGmGo4[/video]

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
You are coming over the top a lot so your swing plane is out to in. I guess that you must be slicing a fair amount and every now and then a straight pull left?

Its difficult but don't think about trying to hit the ball when the club is at the top of the backswing.

My advice is to take the club back to the top of the backswing very slowly and then without turning your shoulders allow your left arm to reverse direction. You will have a much better chance of hitting the ball from the inside by keeping those shoulders quiet at the start of the downswing.

I suffered with this in the past and a drill that a pro gave me was to pick a target to the right of where you are aiming and just hit loads of balls out there. It encourages an in to out path if you think about it.

Bucket92

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Cheers mate! This sounds like good advice. I rarely slice the ball at the moment, I just think this particular swing is a bit more out to in than what I normally do because I usually hit the ball straight or with a slight draw and occasional hook. I have been working on trying to keep my swing on plane, it's just about getting the time to groove it. Thanks again!

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's OK I'm glad for you that it was just a one off!

Maybe you want to take a vid of the typical shot that you hit , you would probably gain a lot more from it.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You are fanning the clubface open and to the inside at the start of your backswing. This is getting you very steep in the downswing and contributing to you swinging outside to in.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'll add my driver swing shortly Sawtooth, it's more like my regular swing.

How would I be able I correct this SocketRocket?

You should not rotate the wrists and forearms in the takeaway. Aim to have the toe of the club pointing upwards or even slightly forwards at the halfway back stage when the shaft is parallel to the target line.

[video=youtube;VivoVdUMjLE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VivoVdUMjLE[/video]

Bucket92

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
You should not rotate the wrists and forearms in the takeaway. Aim to have the toe of the club pointing upwards or even slightly forwards at the halfway back stage when the shaft is parallel to the target line.

[video=youtube;VivoVdUMjLE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VivoVdUMjLE[/video]

Ahhh, I was wondering whether I should turn my wrists or not, now you've answered the question for me, cheers!