Any plumbers in the house!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No gas?
If your gas supply’s gone off unexpectedly, call the Gas Emergency Services on 0800 111 999.

I was going to say something similar. I understood if you have no supply to the house the problem becomes the overall gas suppliers problem and not who you pay your bill to.

When I had a problem with my boiler last year linked to to the meter the engineer called out British Gas to check the meter, I paid my bill to another company.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Checked with neighbour, all good there.

phoned gas number mentioned twice.

The fact the meter was blank ment they showed no interest at all.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thanks to everybody that helped yesterday especially Bunker Magnet.

it was sorted today @2 p.m and the reason for this message is if you you want customer service AVOID Sainsbury's energy. If 8 can save somebody on here from going through what has happened to me it will be worthwhile. Even the engineer that visited said customer service was non existent.

There is NO customer contact if you have an emergency for over 60 hours from Friday to Monday. Emergency Gas not interested. Spent further hour today trying to speak with somebody. All that was wrong was that a battery had packed in!!

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site

it was sorted today @2 p.m and the reason for this message is if you you want customer service AVOID Sainsbury's energy. If 8 can save somebody on here from going through what has happened to me it will be worthwhile. Even the engineer that visited said customer service was non existent.

There is NO customer contact if you have an emergency for over 60 hours from Friday to Monday. Emergency Gas not interested. Spent further hour today trying to speak with somebody. All that was wrong was that a battery had packed in!!
Was the battery in/at the meter?

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Is the battery replaceable by yourself for future?

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just a quick update. Following 3 letters, numerous to Sainsbury’s’ Energy, 5 emails to The CEO who is the same for both Sainsbury’s and Sainsbury’s Energy I asked for £200 compensation. This included having no heating after we returned from holiday min Jan. When the temp. was -5 degrees overnight and I slept in my thermal golf gear.

They have agreed to pay £200 but it has been a daily slog. Agreed to stay with them until the end of my contract although they offered to let me leave without exit fees.

Probably have a couple of slurps now tonigh!

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd piggyback on this one to ask a plumbing (?) related question, at least I assume that I need a plumber to answer it.

We've recently bought a house and in one of the bedrooms there is a built in cupboard with an electric immersion tank in it. There is also a combi boiler fitted downstairs. Does this mean that the immersion is redundant and we can get it taken out? The reason for the question is that we want to extend the shower room and fit a bath, and extending into this cupboard area looks like it would be the best/easiest option (as per the image below). Any advice or suggestions gratefully received.

House Layout.jpg

We had looked at extending the bathroom to incorporate the separate toilet into one room but that would involve moving the toilet to make room for the bath so figured that would be more expensive.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would think if a combi boiler has been fitted the immersion would be redundant.
But the electrical connection might still be live to the switch.
It would be very hard to say from your description alone.