Any finance minded peeps on here.

Simbo

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My mum tried to buy tiles today from tile mountain, she was going to buy over the phone but they said they couldn't take orders over £500 on the phone and she would have to do it online.

Can anybody tell me the reason for this??.

Just want to make sure she's not getting ripped off. I have checked the company out and although they are fairly new they seem pretty legit and are run by some big names.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Could be as simple as a limit on their merchant service providers "card not present" transaction limit.
If they are a fairly new set-up their provider might have them capped low. Online will likely use verisign or sage or similar so not the same limitations.

Could be wrong though but thats the most likely scenario in my mind.

El Bandito

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Could be as simple as a limit on their merchant service providers "card not present" transaction limit.
If they are a fairly new set-up their provider might have them capped low. Online will likely use verisign or sage or similar so not the same limitations.

Could be wrong though but thats the most likely scenario in my mind.

^^^^^^^^^^^ exactly right.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
My mum tried to buy tiles today from tile mountain, she was going to buy over the phone but they said they couldn't take orders over £500 on the phone and she would have to do it online.

Can anybody tell me the reason for this??.

Just want to make sure she's not getting ripped off. I have checked the company out and although they are fairly new they seem pretty legit and are run by some big names.
==
Just split the order into two separate orders to the total value.

Simbo

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Ok, that's great guys. Thanks.

If I split the order into 2 different parts I would have to pay for delivery, which would add a lot more to it.

matt611

Head Pro
Visit site
I may be wrong but aren't you better buying online as you'll be protected by the distance selling regulations which mean that you can change your mind for whatever reason and get a full refund. I do not think you would be covered on the phone - but I may be wrong

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I may be wrong but aren't you better buying online as you'll be protected by the distance selling regulations which mean that you can change your mind for whatever reason and get a full refund. I do not think you would be covered on the phone - but I may be wrong

And for more protection, use a credit card rather than a debit. your protection is much higher!!

D

Deleted member 17920

I think you are still covered with distance selling on the phone as well.