Any "damp" / loft / insulation experts out there ?

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
Putting Xmas decorations back in loft today, took opportunity to move some stuff around/ take some stuff to tip

While I was in the loft I thought the space "felt" damp. We had some old cushions in a bag up there and they felt clammy, so did some other bags etc,
The house is 10 years old, and was insulated when built. Central 1/3 is boarded across as well.

Initial scan around could put find obvious leak anywhere, so I am presuming condensation, possibly due to not enough ventilation, although it is certainly cold up there.

What concerns me is that over a number of areas of the exposed insulation, there is a clearly viable covering of black "dust" which I am presuming is damp/mould of some kind.
Which I am sure is not particularly healthy

So I started thinking about how to remove that, and so I presume that's a case of taking up the insulation and re- insulating. And then that makes me wonder if I need to take up all the boarding and check the insulation that is underneath that?

Any experts out there who have come across similar before?

All the internet seems to tell me is this is a common problem if you introduce loft insulation, but that's not the cad here, where the insulation has been there since it was built.