Any clubs closed ?

User20204

Visit site
Has anyone's club closed due to the ongoing situation ? I don't mean closed as it out of business but closed their club/course ???

I've got feeling we may well do in the next few days particularly after the PM's presser earlier.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Dont know but me and a few others hold off til the deadline (end of month) to pay fees as if it closes or cancels stuff then we'd be wasting money

ferenezejohn

Visit site
Has anyone's club closed due to the ongoing situation ? I don't mean closed as it out of business but closed their club/course ???

I've got feeling we may well do in the next few days particularly after the PM's presser earlier.
Not aware of any yet but you can't rule it out further down the line.
Maybe more likely the clubhouse rather than the course closing.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Flagsticks aren't in at my club yet.
And now the clubhouse is closed too, so I can't even go there for lunch.

One wonders if the bag will ever make it from my home office to the club's bag room this year.
One wonder's who'll still be standing when it all ends.

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Really hope it doesn't go this way, but glancing around posts on other GM media it looks like closures in
Spain, Italy, Belgium, Holland, Germany & Austria
that I have spotted
??

AdamC28

Visit site
Let's hope there will be a club for you to go back to when it's all,over.....

I think this could potentially be a huge issue for clubs.
There has been quite a bit of chatter at my club about waiting to see what the next couple of weeks bring before committing to a £1000 outlay this year. I know the club would be in big trouble if a decent number of people decided not to join this year.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Email from my home club that has formed a Task Force today;

All societies cancelled immediately and throughout April.

All our Tuesday night draw nights postponed until end of April.

Mother’s Day lunch cancelled.

All external comps being held at our club postponed.

All these postponements may be extended dependent on circumstances as they arise.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just back from Board meeting and the message we are putting out is the course will be open but the clubhouse might have restrictions.
All functions , club matches and committee meetings cancelled .

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Had a message saying the course is open (well a shortened version with 15 and 16 reduced to temporary par 3's) and no mention of the clubhouse being shut. I expect there to be an email after the GM and the board chat later but I hope the golf may continue even if it is car park golf and play and simply go home again. I am due to drop my spare clubs up there after work (then if they do shut the clubhouse I still have my normal set I can play with) so it'll be interesting to see what the likes of the GM steward and any members in there think

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
AGM due shortly, email from club advising that if you don't need to attend then maybe best not to.
Irresponsible of the club to go ahead with a agm at the moment hopefully your club will have a change of mind today.

Should be easy to have agm through face-time etc.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Email from club this morning. Course will remain open, rakes are being taken in; always putt flag in; gimmes whenever it does not matter; clubhouse open but clubhouse kitchen and bar closed; halfway hut closed; showers open but under review; on course maintain two metres separation.

well at least we can still play if we wish to ?

Last edited:

User20204

Visit site
I've heard there is about to be emergency legislation coming in to effect on Thursday that will essentially lock-down the country (hence why it hasn't already) and then we will have no golf to play, anyone heard similar ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I think this could potentially be a huge issue for clubs.
There has been quite a bit of chatter at my club about waiting to see what the next couple of weeks bring before committing to a £1000 outlay this year. I know the club would be in big trouble if a decent number of people decided not to join this year.
I’m sitting with an £1800 invoice to be paid in next two weeks. I don’t wish to not pay and potentially be part of a significant financial problem for my club - but £1800 will pay my sons rent for 3 months now that he has lost all his income ? I am a strong club person and ’love’ my club - but I have a very difficult decision to make.