Any chance of unlocking the Spieth is a choker thread please mods

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
How can world class players, some who are or who have been #1, be thought as chokers? They've already proved themselves good enough time and again. Players have a bad day, and sometimes that bad day is in a high profile event. Choking? Those guys have crossed the line in first place too many times to be chokers.

D

Deleted member 15344

No one chocked , no one was suspect or any other nonsense spouted

Some players played brilliantly- Spieth

Some did what was required - Reed

And some players just didn’t play well - Rory

It happens in sport at times

For Rory his driving was struggling , then his wedges and then his putting - on Augusta it a game of millimetres and if you are missing by that much then the putts aren’t going to drop and the drives are just going to wander off a little

I now can’t wait for the real big ones to start with the US Open and the Open with Rory , Spieth , Fowler , Rahm , Reed and a few more really going at it - can see Rory and Spieth winning them with Rahm getting a US PGA

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The whole last round hinged on that putt at the 2nd.
If that had gone in - Rory wins.
The momentum of picking up 3 shots in 2 holes would have propelled him...
It didn't and he had to keep chasing.
He didn't play the first particularly well but hit two screamers on the 2nd.
Drop the putt - win the World.......
His putting was suspect...again I'm afraid.

:rofl: thus made me laugh out loud, so you really think that he would have won if he holes that put..........

Dream on his game was off and it came down to a lot more than just one put surly you know that

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
So you don't think reigning in a 3 shot lead in 2 holes gives momentum? Never sunk a putt and felt good, or missed a putt and felt down..?
Reed was twitching.
Had Rory gone to the 3rd all square I think he would have gone on from there.
Rory walked to that 2nd green thinking his time was here - he walked off it with negative thoughts and never really recovered.

U

User62651

Could argue Speith choked on the 18th....twice. :whistle:

Terrible tee shot left and high to hit tree and pulled that short putt. Fowler by comparison played 18 under same pressure superbly for birdie.

dewsweeper

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I thought Tiger Woods played pretty well yesterday and had a good Masters.
This may start one or two of our forumers off but I respect his amazing strength of character in putting together a good showing after back surgery.
As to choking, an awful throwaway line spouted on here too often I think.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Could argue Speith choked on the 18th....twice. :whistle:

Terrible tee shot left and high to hit tree and pulled that short putt. Fowler by comparison played 18 under same pressure superbly for birdie.

Spot on

The rest of Jordan's round was superb, that shot out the pine straw on I think the 15th to hit the green in 2 was aamzing