Any benross users?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
So, if I want to loft it down ... is that C or O? ... previous drivers, I have used a 9-9.5 ... so 10.5 seems to fly a little high at the mo
Closed and Open is not adjusting the loft, it's for the face angle. Closed to promote draw, open to promote a fade.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Closed and Open is not adjusting the loft, it's for the face angle. Closed to promote draw, open to promote a fade.

Which is how it effectively adjusts the loft. IIRC, when you set the face to open, when you address the ball and the face is open you will then square the face up, thus effectively lowering the loft. Conversely set to closed you manipulate it open to square the face thus adding effective loft. Tom Wishon explains it much better if you google him.

U is for upright; square face angle but a more upright lie angle.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Which is how it effectively adjusts the loft. IIRC, when you set the face to open, when you address the ball and the face is open you will then square the face up, thus effectively lowering the loft. Conversely set to closed you manipulate it open to square the face thus adding effective loft. Tom Wishon explains it much better if you google him.

U is for upright; square face angle but a more upright lie angle.
That's not really adjusting loft in the conventional sense though - most drivers they are separate things that can be adjusted independently aren't they? i.e. changing face angle will affect​ loft but it is not strictly adjusting it.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
That's not really adjusting loft in the conventional sense though - most drivers they are separate things that can be adjusted independently aren't they? i.e. changing face angle will affect​ loft but it is not strictly adjusting it.

Well if that isn’t how adjustable drivers work them perhaps you could explain to the OP how you do adjust the loft on a driver; bearing in mind that the loft angle is set when the driver head is made and the hosel setting is the only thing that can be changed I’d love to hear how the loft is actually changed.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well if that isn’t how adjustable drivers work them perhaps you could explain to the OP how you do adjust the loft on a driver; bearing in mind that the loft angle is set when the driver head is made and the hosel setting is the only thing that can be changed I’d love to hear how the loft is actually changed.
Well my driver has a soleplate that closes or opens the face angle, while the hosel adjustment changes the loft. I've no idea how the Benross Type R does it though.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
You can't actually adjust the loft of a club at the moment without altering the brace angle slightly. The head and lower part of the hosel are fixed.
As BiM says, if you add "loft" you're effectively closing the face so to recreate your normal view you have to rotate to open the face a touch - this effectively adds the loft.
Any movement of the hosel adjusters will alter face angle slightly.
Some clubs only move by a degree or so but some can make 4-5° difference which is a big chunk!

Blue in Munich

Visit site
Well my driver has a soleplate that closes or opens the face angle, while the hosel adjustment changes the loft. I've no idea how the Benross Type R does it though.

No. You. Haven't.

http://wishongolf.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/adjustable-hosel-drivers.pdf

Read the stats for how the Taylor Made R1 loft "changes" when "adjusted" as measured by an industry guru. A whole quarter of a degree up or down. The loft is fixed as it is set at the factory, the adjustments come from deceiving your eye to manipulate the face. If you won't take my word for it, take Tom's or tell him where he is going wrong.

albie999

Visit site
Still trying to get my head around this, so thought would share some pics of the shaft settings

Standard setting - therefore 10.5 degree
IMG_20180712_083102.jpg

C = Closed = advises -1.5FA - so presume in that setting would be 9 degree
IMG_20180712_083058.jpg

Upright = not sure what that means
IMG_20180712_083053.jpg

O = Open = advises +1.5FA - so presume in that setting would be 12 degree
IMG_20180712_083049.jpg

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you do a net search on Titleist adjustment chart. This gives a good idea of what goes on. Their adjuster is actually a double mechanism so they give better control of just adjust loft without too much opening and closing of the face.