Any advice for drills to keep left leg les active.

welshjim22

Head Pro
Visit site
I am right handed player and have been told by several pro's i have to keep my left leg more stable with less movement. At present it collapses to my right on the take away. If i practice the the turn holding the club across my shoulders i have less movement but actually for any swing i can't stand still.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I see this alot and it is difficult to get out of the habit but it is do-able with a bit of practice.
Start off by hitting a few soft half wedges with your legs crossed.(right over left)
This will teach you the feeling of a stable base.
Then go to feet together and gradually you'll quieten down the legs. Think of keeping your height during your practice and you will be fine :)

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I was told a long time ago that placing something under the left edge of the left foot helps. It makes you more
conscience of what you are doing and makes it easier to stop doing it.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
I was once told to stick a football between my knees. Left knee can't collapse to the right then. Well not without both kness going right, and I'd imagine that'll hurt!

But I used to have a terrible collapsing left knee. Now that I've seen photos and video of my swing, I've made a concious (sp) effort to prevent it. After all it doesn't look very good! I don't know if this is correct or not, but I know I'm not collapsing it if I see my left knee 'pop out' from under my left shoulder in a forward direction whilst on my backswing. It's just something I've noticed.

welshjim22

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the replies i will bear these in mind at the range tomorrow. This week it was all going well lesson on Sat seemed to see some improvement and even today to start with balls were flying straighter, still a little right but not by miles. Then back started hurting and it all went wrong shanks, short high slices and fat shots. Wonder if this had anything to do with going for a run before the range.