Answers to your questions...

NeilTappin

GM Staff
Visit site
Morning from Augusta,

Great questions everyone, I'm now going to try and answer some of them... here goes:

Augusta is five hours behind UK which means that you'll get some good evening viewing from Thursday. With this sort of time difference, jet lag isn't too mch of a problem.

Who's looking good? Well, yesterday Luke watched Justin Rose for a few holes. Justin was on the course but wasn't interested in the long game. Chipping and putting only... I guess that shows how much of a premium there is on short game here.
I watched Padraig for a bit yesterday and he seemed very relaxed. I quite fancy Harrington's chances this week - he's started to come back to a bit of form and if this year's Masters is a bit of a grind, then he'll do well.

The weather today is superb - blue skies, 70 degrees - ideal for golf. If it stays like this the old hard and fast Masters that we all know and love will be back.

As for pinching clubs from the range - I'd be rugby tackled by one of the very professional security guards before I within 20 yards of the players. I'll see if Luke fancies giving it a go!

Keep the questions coming!

Neil

ACP

Club Champion
Visit site
Neil,

I heard there's been a bit of rain recently - obviously this will make the greens much more receptive possibly paving the way for some low scoring. Do they look fairly soft and receptive or can we expect to see the usual brown, sun scorched, fast greens of previous years1?

Cheers, ACP

NeilTappin

GM Staff
Visit site
ACP,

In comparison to last year the greens look really soft. I was chatting to a marshal yesterday and he said they had 8 days of rain about a week ago. This will make the course pretty long but shouldn't prevent birdie-making like we saw last year.

It's a bit of a guess, but I think they've got the course set up to offer excitement again.

Neil

par_par_par_treble

Assistant Pro
Visit site
what do you think the odds are of a hole in one on the par 3 comp?

i've put a couple of quid on nobody getting one at 5/2...

3/1 on for a hole in one seems odd to me???

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
what do you think the odds are of a hole in one on the par 3 comp?

i've put a couple of quid on nobody getting one at 5/2...

3/1 on for a hole in one seems odd to me???

These odds can not be correct.....

You could have £20 on the 5/2 no hole in one winning £50

and £20 on a hole in one at 3-1 wiing £60

if you do both you cant lose? thats why them odds must be wrong as the bookies wouldnt do that!

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Minty....he means 1/3 (3/1 on).

Skybets odds are:

Hole in One 1/3
No Playoff 4/7
Playoff 5/4
No Hole in One 9/4
T Woods Hole in One 10/1
Winner to Win US Masters 2008 28/1

The course is set-up for a hole in one as the pins are all very accesible and some of the holes are less than 100 yards - the 9th is set-up so they hit it 100 yards to the back of the green then spin it back the whole length of the green (which is quite long).....and into the hole maybe!!!

LukeNor

Hacker
Visit site
Hi all,

We are just finding out what was on the menu at the Champion's Dinner - we did get told last night but after a few brewskis we both forgot! We'll let you know asap.

We are also going to do a report on the par 3 tournament, including a special gallery of pics – it starts at 1.00pm our time so expect that all to be live on the site about 9.00pm your time!

No 3d maps i'm afraid, sorry about that.

Luke

furyk_or_unique

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Luke,
Looking at pictures of you on the web, and bearing in mind how close the London mayoral elections are now, could you tell me if at any stage you've been mistaken for Tory candidate Boris Johnson as you've gone about your business there at Augusta?
Happy golf watching over the next few days,
FOU

LukeNor

Hacker
Visit site
Hello Furyk,

So far only person i have been mistaken for is Brad Pitt on holiday, although as i was practising a swing in the car park someone did shout out and ask when my tee-off time was...very nice of them.

Am glad you are enjoying the pics and hope you'll vote for me!

Luke

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Do all of the media get similar levels of access and a fair crack at the top interviews or is it all a bit of a scrum as to who gets to speak to the big names, gets to the front of the crowds etc. Does a Brit mag like GM get given the same level of access as the US equivalents.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Have you have a chance to wander anywhere near where the BBC and US studios are. What do they look like. Where are they situated.

Where do all the stats come from. Do the host broadcaster deal with those or are they fed to them directly from somewhere within the media centre or somewhere else withing Masters HQ