Another Rules Query

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Watching the group in front of me today I, one player thins his shot along the fairway at a rate of knots that colides with another ball and knocks it a good 30 yards forward and on to the green. Does the person whose ball has been moved replace it or play it as it lies?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Ball needs to be replaced

Playing today and a big dog ran on to the green and tried to pick up my two playing partners golf balls. The dog was muzzled so just sent the balls flying. I was on the green nearby, and with my natural bravery was taking evasive action in the opposite direction :(

They then both hole for par, and i three putted mainly through lack of concentration. :mad: :mad: Long winded way of saying not easy to tell where to replace a ball that has been moved.

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
18 - 5 Ball at rest moved by another ball

If a ball in play and at rest is moved by another ball in motion after a stroke, the moved ball must be replaced.

*PENALTY FOR BREACH OF RULE:
Match play – Loss of hole; Stroke play – Two strokes.

*If a player who is required to replace a ball fails to do so, or if he makes a stroke at a ball substituted under Rule 18 when such substitution is not permitted, he incurs the general penalty for breach of Rule 18, but there is no additional penalty under this Rule.