Another PB thread..... This time mine

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Yes, yes you read right.

I finally got the monkey off my back and beat my old PB yesterday. With less forgiving kit than previously too :whistle:

Finished the front 9 at 4 over and came home in 3 over had me playing to 7 and beating my old personal best by one shot.

Only missed 2 fairways off the tee all day. Hit most greens in regulation and the ones I did miss ism always chipped/pitched it inside 3ft.

Hit he flag twice, once when chipping from just off the green and he second time from about 90 yards with a 3/4 gap wedge.

Also pitched in for birdie on our par 4, 12th after missing the green (short right by about 10 yards), where the flag was 20ft on, with my second shot. Pitched on to he green, one bounce, began to check up and dropped straight in.

Stood on the 18th tee knowing a par would see me get my PB had all sorts of things running through my head:

"Fairway wood for safety"

"No, 3 iron to be ultra safe"

"2 hybrid?"

In the end I decided to do what I'd been doing all thew any around an trust my swing and club choice and pulled driver. Hit a corker to left centre of the fairway. This then put me between clubs (6 and 7 iron). Decided to play a hard 7 and came up about 5 yards short of the green. Chipped the ball to literally 2ft and played the ball in for par and my new PB.

I have to stress that this is something I can only put down to taking lessons. There is my no way I would have been able to solve the issues in my swing without professional help. All the work I've been doing at the range is starting to pay off and I honestly can't wait for the season to start.

No other reason for the thread other than wanting to share :D

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes, yes you read right.

I finally got the monkey off my back and beat my old PB yesterday. With less forgiving kit than previously too :whistle:

Finished the front 9 at 4 over and came home in 3 over had me playing to 7 and beating my old personal best by one shot.

Only missed 2 fairways off the tee all day. Hit most greens in regulation and the ones I did miss ism always chipped/pitched it inside 3ft.

Hit he flag twice, once when chipping from just off the green and he second time from about 90 yards with a 3/4 gap wedge.

Also pitched in for birdie on our par 4, 12th after missing the green (short right by about 10 yards), where the flag was 20ft on, with my second shot. Pitched on to he green, one bounce, began to check up and dropped straight in.

Stood on the 18th tee knowing a par would see me get my PB had all sorts of things running through my head:

"Fairway wood for safety"

"No, 3 iron to be ultra safe"

"2 hybrid?"

In the end I decided to do what I'd been doing all thew any around an trust my swing and club choice and pulled driver. Hit a corker to left centre of the fairway. This then put me between clubs (6 and 7 iron). Decided to play a hard 7 and came up about 5 yards short of the green. Chipped the ball to literally 2ft and played the ball in for par and my new PB.

I have to stress that this is something I can only put down to taking lessons. There is my no way I would have been able to solve the issues in my swing without professional help. All the work I've been doing at the range is starting to pay off and I honestly can't wait for the season to start.

No other reason for the thread other than wanting to share :D

Nice one pal......:thup:
And all with clubs you shouldn't be using...... Imagine that.....:whoo:

Matty2803

Head Pro
Visit site
Good to Hear Gareth! Hopefully you can continue this form into next season! Looks like your hard work has payed off!

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
best thing to do is not to beat yourself up about them. I tend not to worry so much these days as I know ill go on a par run at some stage in the round.