Another day lost !...

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Got to work this morning "bright n early" with a view to getting everything done in good time too go for a knock around the course this afternoon, with everything gone to plan and all the machines put away I go and get changed and head off up to the first "T" only to find about 300 seniors littering the front 11 holes and a good few heading out the back so not keen on spending the next 5hrs trying to get the front in I trudged off back to the car, packed up and buggered off home, GREAT !...:angry:

Last edited:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Got to work this morning "bright n early" with a view to getting everything done in good time too go for a knock around the course this afternoon, with everything gone to plan and all the machines put away I go and get changed and head off up to the first "T" only to find about 300 seniors littering the front 11 holes and a good few heading out the back so not keen on spending the next 5hrs trying to get the front in I trudged off back to the car, packed up and buggered off home, GREAT !...:angry:

Look on the bright side at least you hadn't paid to play:rofl:

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
What a pain. Now if you'd only rung the Pro shop or had online booking you'd have saved yourself a journey.

CheltenhamHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Genuinely, what is the point you're getting at?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Yep but you've got all day to play!!

Play @9am it will give you something besides loose women to get up for

Like in the supermarket when the grey army go shopping at 6pm.

Go at 11am dearie

Or the doctors, flood the place first thing or last thing to avoid spoiling their day while those of us that work are expected to take time off in the middle of the day! :angry:

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I didn't mean "300" in the literal sense it was just the first figure that popped into my head to paint a general picture for everyone, I could have gone round and counted them all for you so that you'd have had a more exacting figure but I did have better things to do with the emphasis on the "did" oh and what's this about 8 minute intervals, it takes most of em that long just to decide what club they're gonna use, we've got a regular that T's up, approaches the ball, adjusts his stance and then freezes to the spot motionless for about 3 minutes (dont worry, I'll time it next time I see him on the T just for the more precise amongst you) before he even attempts to make a swing it's quite comical to watch and anybody who doesn't know him thinks he's having a seizure, oh and he does this routine for just about every shot he takes !...:rolleyes:

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Did you not think of ringing the club first? I'm sure all those seniors didn't just turn up on spec hoping for a game. A phone call to the club may have saved you a wasted journey.

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've done similar, finished at lunch time to sneak an extra round in. Didn't check the diary, ladies open day! Hit a few balls on the range a bit of putting practice and went home!

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Did you not think of ringing the club first? I'm sure all those seniors didn't just turn up on spec hoping for a game. A phone call to the club may have saved you a wasted journey.

Ring em, I work for em but they never tell us what's going on from one week to the next after all we're only the "greenskeepers" but I think I sussed out what happened, yesterday saw 2 syndicates take over the course for the day so all the "Thursday" members got pushed out (piss poor show really) so they all came up today instead, there have been a lot of complaints about this ever increasing phenomena and rumour has it the club might be putting an end to it all in the not to distant future which would be no bad thing as far as I'm concerned !...:thup: