Another car advice thread....

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
You'll not find a decent boot, big enough for buggy + everything else in the Fiesta class.
Older Focus, Octavia or similar would be my bet. Although we're on our 3rd Picasso. Loads of room and we've not had any issues in 7 years.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
My previous car was a Ford focus ST170. I should not have sold it, it is by far the best car in its class for the money.

Nah, the Leon Cupra (my previous car) was better for the money!!
;)
Yup before buying the x5 as a kiddy wagon, I had an 04 cupra from new and loved it. surprisingly cavernous boot too considering it was a 5 door hatch. Tuning (if you are into this) was also very easy to squeeze a lot more power and embarrass any other supposed quick motor.
Only reason I never suggested it was because it isnt on a low insurance group where the mk4 golf derv would be.

Everyone will have different stories with their cars. Best bet is to go to the car survey sites and get a wider opinion.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
What about a mk4 golf 115 or 130 gttdi? They must be coming down to that sort of price range.

I have just (yesterday) taken in an 04 Golf TDi GTi 5dr in black. Got 102k on the clock. In lovely condition. We gave £4k for that and it is going to the auctions, hopefully to make a "slight" profit.
He's not going to get much for £4k Brendy

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Focus C Max Diesel - not bigger on the outside but more space and more pratcical indide than the focus - and drives very well. Also, the slightly raised driving position adds a sense of safety.

Nice car Paul. But his budget is £4k. If you can find one of those for that price I'd say buy it.
But you won't mate. ;)

There's loads of them! This one looks very good - I was on page 4 and still under 4K. :)
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/a...411nh?logcode=p