Annual end of term report

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

El Diablo

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Having made the best progress ever in my golf in 2016 (first hole in one, broke 80 multiple times never having done it before, lowest handicap ever etc.) I gave almost all of it back in 2017 - started January on 11 and unfortunately expecting 13 after the weekend.

Basically would grade it F for failure as was hoping to keep the progress going, beat the 10.2 handicap achieved and chase the holy grail of 9.4 for one round.

Shot 8 over par once this year and that was the best achieved so is there somewhere but more difficult to find.

Move on now and look forwards !

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Having made the best progress ever in my golf in 2016 (first hole in one, broke 80 multiple times never having done it before, lowest handicap ever etc.) I gave almost all of it back in 2017 - started January on 11 and unfortunately expecting 13 after the weekend.

Basically would grade it F for failure as was hoping to keep the progress going, beat the 10.2 handicap achieved and chase the holy grail of 9.4 for one round.

Shot 8 over par once this year and that was the best achieved so is there somewhere but more difficult to find.

Move on now and look forwards !

One step back in 2017 to make giant strides in 2018. Keep the faith

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Bit rubbish performance-wise not ever looking like winning anything and hcp has crept up to 2.1 I also appear to be king of the buffer... Too many physical problems ever prevented much of a run and getting a bit fed up with adjusting my swing to account for various pain issues. Could be much worse though so mustn't complain too much. C-

On the positive side was nice to meet some great forum-folk at Woburn and I've had a few really enjoyable rounds catching up with mates at places like Brancaster etc.

The best bit has been Chucker minor really enjoying his golf and we've had some great times on the fairway. Priceless. A+++

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Started the year with a severed tendon in right little finger. Started playing again in early march. Had lost a couple of clubs in distance, and racked up the point ones from a starting 12.3

Managed to get into buffers by the summer and had first cut (and win) in the comp on Sunday. Down to 12.0 All things considered, pretty pleased as I didn't know how well I'd be able to play with the deformed digit.

D

Deleted Member 1156

My season is pretty much finished now, overall it has been about a B- for me. Handicap has gone up 1 shot mainly because I haven't really played or practiced much this year. Had some good social games, played 13 new courses and increased my top 100 list to 78. Won the West Hill mixed foursomes for the 2nd time in two attempts :D
Bought a new set of irons that are a bit more forgiving than my blades so hoping for good things next year!

Last edited by a moderator:

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had just hit a bit of form late July and early August and was looking forward to some good results at the end of the season. Had to concede my semi final scratch KO match as it was the same day that I was told I might have the big ‘C’. At least the guy that I conceded to won the final. Not played since as I am putting all my effort into getting fixed before hitting the course/range in late February. At least my handicap only went up 0.2 during the season.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Frustrating to say the least. Can't seem to get a round together during my limited opportunities around work and childcare, yet regularly beating hc when playing with the lads.

summed up by hitting 81 today (of 18).

Changing club as of Tuesday. Not sure on their winter leagues but due to it being on the doorstep, hopefully more opportunites next season to make amends.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Frustrating to say the least. Can't seem to get a round together during my limited opportunities around work and childcare, yet regularly beating hc when playing with the lads.

summed up by hitting 81 today (of 18).

Changing club as of Tuesday. Not sure on their winter leagues but due to it being on the doorstep, hopefully more opportunites next season to make amends.

Where are you going to Dave

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Where are you going to Dave

http://www.broomepark.co.uk/

1.2 miles from door to course.

A number of guys in my society are there, and they either work shift or are retired so pretty much got a game whenever I fancy it. Played it quite a few times and prefer it to my (now old courses) as it's more of a members course. Not snooty at all but the last place was such a public course with cheap deals that during summer rounds were always 5 hours plus even in evenings.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Had just hit a bit of form late July and early August and was looking forward to some good results at the end of the season. Had to concede my semi final scratch KO match as it was the same day that I was told I might have the big ‘C’. At least the guy that I conceded to won the final. Not played since as I am putting all my effort into getting fixed before hitting the course/range in late February. At least my handicap only went up 0.2 during the season.

Hope the recovery goes well Steve, we'll have a game next year :thup:

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hope the recovery goes well Steve, we'll have a game next year :thup:

Going well so far thanks Gordon. Three treatments down and five to go so hopefully should all be finished by the end of January. Just got to build my strength back up then and rediscover my golf swing for the new season. Hopefully I will be back to full fitness for my first Dorset seniors champs, although I’m not too keen on the venue.

Will certainly be up for a game somewhere.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not a good season at all - got sent home with a letter for my parents.

Couldn't hit the proverbial coo's erse and managed only about half a dozen buffers. The rest all point ones. Must try harder next year.

BrizoH71

Tour Rookie
brianhealy.net
Grading myself as B+

Started the season at 12.6, had a horrific first few weeks climbing to 13.4. New pro got me on track, and I hit some form to win the C-Class (13-18hcap) championship and I went on a wee run thereafter, getting my handicap down to 10.7 and hitting the bar in a couple of weekend comps.

Form dipped in the latter part of the season, handicap climbed back up and finished the season 11.6 which was a bit disappointing.

D

Deleted member 17920

10.7 down to 10.2

A bit pathetic really considering how much I play and practise.

Really wanted to get back to single figures this year but I easily confuse ambition over ability!

Jates12

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Ill give myself a C for Could of Been better.

Had a run of 10 comps of buffer or cut and then it fell to bits for a month and then came back for the end of the season where i came second in 2 club majors.

Played a few new courses and had a good laugh.

Goals for next year are:
- Hc of 10
- Qualify for at least 2 finals
- Shoot 75 3 times in medal play (Par 68 at my club)
- Average ≤ 32 putts per round
- Track all my rounds
- Win at least once.

Hopefully next year will be an A!

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site
Started the year on 12.4, Yay... Div 1 for one week only! :p
Lower back went at the beginning of the season and has only just recovered. But last month my shoulder went :( . I have physio this Tuesday.
I've stuck at the golf best I can though, and this week crept to the 13.5 mark. Not too upset considering my crippled state.

Looking forward to playing a season without injury and hopefully getting back down 12 again.

7255carl

Club Champion
www.loweryourhandicap.siterubix.com
So glad to see so many people having good years, personally I have had a shocker, I started the year at 1.2 and currently 1.7, and my first winless season for 5 years, just to make things worse I had a really nasty shoulder injury in August which I have had to have surgery on so that's me out until the new year, so from now until then its endless hours of chipping and putting practice and working on my website. :(
Next year will be better!!