And yet again they do it to me

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I bemoaned Fulhams ability to really, really exasperate their fans following their home game with Roma a fortnight ago where they conceded an equaliser with 15 seconds of injury time to go. Well they excelled tonight. One nil up away at half-time and then had a man sent off before going 2-1 down and then down to 9 men in the last minute.

We can still qualify but need to win at home against CSKA (should do that) and beat Basle (or draw and hope for a Roma slip up) away. With suspensions now an issue that may be beyond us. Never easy being a Fulham fan!

feary

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Sounds painful mate. Good luck to fulham with the rest of the campaign though. A decent solid team.

slugger

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Largsgolf1974... this is one thing that really annoys me about Scottish football and the mentality of Old Firm fans.

Welcome to the reality of trying to compete with no money that every other SPL team has had to endure for years. You have no sympathy. I'll not say who i support ;o) but what Rangers fans are going through is hee haw compared with what's happened at my club since a certain lithuanian dictator got his hands on the club.

You're still in the champions league (just), have every chance of winning the SPL (again!) and still you moan! You have to have bad times to appreciate the good times, so get on with it. Having said that, i hope your teams fortunes return to the good, at least in europe, as i like to see all and any Scottish team doing well.

Homer, your team looks no bad this season. You'll do well to qualify from that group but you have every chance. Thought the red cards were a bit harsh last night but the better team did win on the night.

Largsgolf1974

Assistant Pro
Visit site
fair points slugger but i was just having a wee laugh!!! :cool:

The days of me taking football seriously are long gone, I work for a Scottish football club and get to watch most of the spl teams thru work so i appreciate what its like for all supporters. I would say in the last 2 years i could count on one hand the games i have left feeling "entertained".

StuartD

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'll not say who i support ;o) but what Rangers fans are going through is hee haw compared with what's happened at my club since a certain lithuanian dictator got his hands on the club.

Slugger at least your lithuanian dictator has the power to keep the bank from taking over :D :D

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
It has to be said Woy Hodgson has done a gweat job at Fulham.

The thing that frustrates me most about the league my team play in is that despite us and the h..sorry currant buns being God awful it will still be both teams fighting it out for top 2 come May.....how rank does that make the rest?!

I would love it if there was a 4 way fight for the title but it aint gonna happen.

colint

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I thought the gap in the SPL would be getting smaller, with the top 2 being pretty bad this year, but the likes of Heart, Aberdeen etc don't seem to able to get any closer regardless of how bad the others are.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My old mate Fish has been a happy chappy with the performance of Hibs this season. Not sure what Everton are doing in the Europa league - they are either good or terrible. I thought they would have done Benfica last night given the drubbing a forthnight ago. We'll beat CSKA at home and then we need to beat Basle away which will be a tough ask and hope the Basle do us a favour against Roma in the next game.

To be fair I think we have got what we wanted as a club from the group stages in terms of European experience for the squad which should help going forward. I'm not sure failing to qualify will be a heartache for Hodgson