And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Personally I think there’s enough going on now in preparation for next season in the Premier League that if I don’t start a new thread, they’ll be a crossover of conversations.

Now, I don’t know enough or even anything about Sarri, but he’s become the hot topic currently to take over from Conte now that Ancellotti has taken up the reigns at Napoli.

He wants the job by all accounts and there’s talk of an announcement within 48 hours!!

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Happy with your new manager?

I didn't even know we had one, but I'm very happy we have new owners.

Ironically I live in Southampton and used to drive past Eastleigh's stadium, so I have seen how that has progressed over the last 10 years.

If I could roll back a few years and stop Big Sam leaving for England, I agree with everything that is said about his style, but he would have brought stability which is what Sunderland needed at the time.

D

Deleted member 15344

Sarri is a good manager , done well at Napoli for the last couple of years

Reckon a few are waiting to see what happens with Zidane and the World Cup - could be a few jobs going - Chelsea and Madrid two big ones

As for Liverpool

One player coming in who is streets ahead of what we have

Lots of rumours of the keeper from AC Milan and also Fekir , both would be great signings but will wait and see -don’t see many leaving beyond Can and some young ones going on loan.

As for the managers so far coming in

Don’t expect much from Pellegrini - can expect the fans to be demanding better football within the first four months

Emery - depends on what money he can spend - if it’s the rumoured £50mil then he is going to struggle

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Can I mention the current champions 100 plus league goals is currently being played on Sky 😁

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Hard to see how there will be much difference. The top five will all spend big. Arsenal with a new regime and transfer kitty will try and make that six trying to get for CL spots but other than that, I can't see any clubs really breaking into that higher echelon. Lots of managerial changes to come I think and plenty of action in the market to get the back pages and Sky Sports into a frenzy

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is there some rule that the thread has to be called 'And We're Off'? When I first came here I ignored the previous thread for ages as I assumed it was about horse racing.

the smiling assassin

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Congratulations to Edward Battye (whomever ye be), winner of last season's Golf Montly FPL mini-league.
Ed sneaked it by 4pts in the end :whoo:happy enough to finish Runner-up in my title defence :thup:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I just read that John Terry is getting a new contract with Villa that says he doesn't have to play against Chelsea if they get promoted. What a complete and total prat. :rofl:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If true, if being a key word, that is utterly unprofessional. Surely it can't be true though?
Saw it on the Guardian - although it's possible they've reacted to a Steve Bruce joke about and made that into a story. I would not put it past Terry at all, given that he is a tosser of the highest order.