Anchoring a putter

D

Deleted member 23344

Just amend the rules to say that it must be the shortest club in the bag. Simples!

AussieKB

Visit site
I do wish they had banned the long putter but I am sure Langer is well watched.
Amazing how the TV camera will not show him side on when putting, someone sent me photo's (have deleted, damn) of him recently winning the Chubb Seniors, hand was up against his shirt, blind Freddy could see the indention, think he only does it when he is under pressure, but not sure, but I agree the long putter needs to go, easy decision just make the longest club in the bag is your driver.

D

Deleted member 29109

Langer is a cheat. Pure and simple.

Unfortunately, no one in professional golf will call him out.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Your hand can touch your shirt.
That’s why I think the rules need tightening as it makes it impossible to tell. Wise at one point appeared to gripping his shirt against the grip of the putter.

It would be easy to define max putter lengths or state something like all clubs must be gripped in the palms of both hands thumbs pointing down.

D

Deleted member 15344

Maybe it’s best to just trust the player’s integrity 🤷‍♂️

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
That’s why I think the rules need tightening as it makes it impossible to tell. Wise at one point appeared to gripping his shirt against the grip of the putter.

It would be easy to define max putter lengths or state something like all clubs must be gripped in the palms of both hands thumbs pointing down.
So, you outlawing the claw?

Jason.H

Visit site
Didn’t Monty have a putter that anchored around his belly button?😂
Soon as anchoring was banned he’s been vocal against long putters.
Personally I don’t like to see Langer, Scott ect putting because it looks like their hand is touching their body so how is this still allowed?

D

Deleted member 15344

🤭🤭🤭

Because no golfer ever cheated, ever.........

how many examples do you have of someone cheating in plain view of all the cameras

Langer has a camera on him every single time he plays , and know the sort of golfer he is I think it’s fair to say unless proven he is anchoring then it’s trusting his integrity

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Didn’t Monty have a putter that anchored around his belly button?😂
Soon as anchoring was banned he’s been vocal against long putters.
Personally I don’t like to see Langer, Scott ect putting because it looks like their hand is touching their body so how is this still allowed?
Nail on head. "Looks like"

D

Deleted member 15344

Hi, I’m Patrick Reed and I approve this message.

So out of the 1000’s of professional golfers out there there is just Reed who has been penalised for a rule break and pushed the boundaries

But clear blatent cheating in front of cameras it a tough find to think of many examples

Jason.H

Visit site
So is it deemed ok to hold the putter in the hand and anchor the hand against the body? That’s what Langer and Scott appear to do.