Anchoring a putter

D

Deleted member 15344

So is it deemed ok to hold the putter in the hand and anchor the hand against the body? That’s what Langer and Scott appear to do.

“Appear” is the key word there - because of the way shirts are a tight fit then if they are touching their shirt it not automatic that they are anchored against their body

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
how many examples do you have of someone cheating in plain view of all the cameras

Langer has a camera on him every single time he plays , and know the sort of golfer he is I think it’s fair to say unless proven he is anchoring then it’s trusting his integrity
If you want to blindly trust a professional sportsman just because, fine. I think history suggests that is naive but hey that's golf 🤷🏻‍♂️ . Everyone who plays is completely trustworthy apart from those who aren't 🤔

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
If you want to blindly trust a professional sportsman just because, fine. I think history suggests that is naive but hey that's golf 🤷🏻‍♂️ . Everyone who plays is completely trustworthy apart from those who aren't 🤔
Yep. There are usually only 3 mobile cameras and 4 cranes I read a while back. They can’t cover everyone and I bet there are some locker room stories.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m sure yesterday when Rahms ball moved as he was addressing it he hinted that the cameras had seen it before he called in the ref. Not suggesting that he wouldn’t have called it if the cameras had not seen it.

D

Deleted member 15344

Yes I’ll certainly trust the professional golfers

Guess that’s a different world than wanting to see the negative in everyone

https://www.golfaustralia.com.au/feature/bernhard-langer-comes-clean-492409

“The USGA Officials; R&A Officials; American PGA Officials; PGA Tour Rules Officials have all confirmed with me that I am definitely within the Rules of golf and that they have no issue with my putting style,”