An interesting scam perhaps

m10johnson

Head Pro
Visit site
The other evening my dad received a phone call that went as follows.

The guy on the other end of the line said "Mr Johnson, the parcel will be delivered in the next few days and payment will be taken when it is delivered to your house"

Now, my parents nor I, have ordered anything to be sent to our house in the last few weeks. So either the guy was fishing for bank details over the phone, or a parcel may turn up to our door, which if we sign for, could be liable to charge.

What made it even more suspicious, was when my dad was rather abrupt with the guy, he replied "I'm not trying to sell you anything Sir"

Anyone had anything like this before?

woody69

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Probably something his wife / your mum ordered without telling him. We are forever having parcels delivered because she's been shopping.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
The other evening my dad received a phone call that went as follows.

The guy on the other end of the line said "Mr Johnson, the parcel will be delivered in the next few days and payment will be taken when it is delivered to your house"

Now, my parents nor I, have ordered anything to be sent to our house in the last few weeks. So either the guy was fishing for bank details over the phone, or a parcel may turn up to our door, which if we sign for, could be liable to charge.

What made it even more suspicious, was when my dad was rather abrupt with the guy, he replied "I'm not trying to sell you anything Sir"

Anyone had anything like this before?
interesting- did he actually say Mr Johnson? as we've had years of various companies calling asking for Mr Johnson, then proceding with whatever scam they have that week. There hasnt been a Johnson at our address ever. I'm thinking they are using a generic name and occasionally it matches:mmm:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
There was a scam a few years ago whereby a card was left saying, we tried to deliver a parcel today....... please call us on ....., as left by normal couriers.

People called the number back which was a premium rate number of £15 a minute, people would be left on hold for ages........