American spectators... Add to the atmosphere or irritating?

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Every country has irritating habits....it's not just Americans. :sneaky:
Actually the OP shouldn't have tarnished the whole continent ???

It's always the minority that spoils things. You've probably been here long enough to know that most places "don't like us" so it's in our moaning nature to return in kind ?

eddie_1878

Visit site
Always see it as an attention seeking thing, or they’re trying to get their voices heard on telly. I’m a live and let live sort of guy but it does remind me of Happy Gilmore’s following.

One of the pundits mentioned the heckling at yesterday’s round...that’s deplorable IMO and can’t get my head around when and why that culture made its way into golf?

Mandofred

Visit site
Actually the OP shouldn't have tarnished the whole continent ???

It's always the minority that spoils things. You've probably been here long enough to know that most places "don't like us" so it's in our moaning nature to return in kind ?
It doesn't really bother me. I've lived in enough different places now that I've heard most of the insults the countries have for "other" places. I know quite a few people that it drives nuts and they imagine insults everywhere. I've heard too many (way way too many) Americans belittle other countries.....so they kind of get what they deserve (generally speaking....of course).

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It doesn't really bother me. I've lived in enough different places now that I've heard most of the insults the countries have for "other" places. I know quite a few people that it drives nuts and they imagine insults everywhere. I've heard too many (way way too many) Americans belittle other countries.....so they kind of get what they deserve (generally speaking....of course).
Our great shame is drunk Brits abroad on holiday, at football etc. A 'booyaa' or 'mashed potato' is tame in comparison.