American spectators... Add to the atmosphere or irritating?

Boomy

Visit site
With no crowds at events over recent months I’d forgot just how irritating (a lot of) American spectators are ? All the whooping and hollering, pointless screeches and “you da man” is nearly enough to mute the sound. It seems to be worse than ever, maybe it’s just because there’s only 25% capacity let in? I’m all for a bit of banter and a good cheer but... my gawd they are irritating!

Last edited:

Boomy

Visit site
I think I’d rather be thought of as stiff and boring than sound like a hollering hill billy full of moonshine tbh ?

I do understand it’s their turf, so their terms but none the less... it’s all attention seeking as far as I’m concerned. Who can whoop the loudest or be the cockiest.

Boomy

Visit site
I was thinking maybe compulsory gaffer taping their mouths shut on entry? Would potentially help reduce the spread of Corona virus too so a win win.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I haven't watched that much coverage, but I enjoyed the background noise/cheers on Saturday more than it irritated.
On Thursday & Friday was the other way around, where seemed to hear more individual shouts. So maybe a critical mass thing.

redbrownie

Visit site
A bit of both. Some of the shouts are cringe-worthy and they can stick the "mashed potato" nonsense up their hoops.

You can't beat the general roars though for a good shot, so it's give and take isn't it.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think you could put it on mute for a lot of reasons.
One of mine would be Radar,going on about Poanna grass( don’t care if that’s spelt wrong) or him saying the winds really strong when it’s 5mph ,but it’s all part of the coverage.
Couldn’t imagine Bryson pulling the big dog last night with no crowd whatever they were shouting.
I’m with others on Westwood tonight just don’t think he will get into any rhythm with Bryson spraying it everywhere and will probably fall away.
However if he does handle it and win I will love it.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
With no crowds at events over recent months I’d forgot just how irritating American spectators are ? All the whooping and hollering, pointless screeches and “you da man” is nearly enough to mute the sound. It seems to be worse than ever, maybe it’s just because there’s only 25% capacity let in? I’m all for a bit of banter and a good cheer but... my gawd they are irritating!

the company I work for was bought by an American company just over a year ago. We have to put up with exactly the same in every company meeting. ??

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think you could put it on mute for a lot of reasons.
One of mine would be Radar,going on about Poanna grass( don’t care if that’s spelt wrong) or him saying the winds really strong when it’s 5mph ,but it’s all part of the coverage.
Couldn’t imagine Bryson pulling the big dog last night with no crowd whatever they were shouting.
I’m with others on Westwood tonight just don’t think he will get into any rhythm with Bryson spraying it everywhere and will probably fall away.
However if he does handle it and win I will love it.

At least Radar never mentions Seve .......