American Hustle

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
AH - Mutter mutter mumble mumble. Not worth watching IMO
WOWS - Brilliant . Quickest 3 hours I've ever experienced.

Hunger Games one and two are brilliant if anyone is looking for a film to watch. Three and four being made !!!!! Wooooo !

Percy Jackson - Just Harry Potter with better monsters.

Olympus Has Fallen - Best film made in ages !!!!!

Just thought I'd add....

Olympus has fallen has just been watched.
Very good film,thx for the heads up

D

Deleted member 15344

If you like Olympus has Fallen then watch White House Down - very good also

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
12 Years a Slave was a bit 'tamer' than it was talked to be - though bits of it were brutal. And I agree - it wasn't as fantastic as some might lead you to believe - a series of owners - some nicer than others. Yup. Actually what I really taken by was the cinematography and the score. Landscapes beautifully shot, atmospheric score - very sparse in parts. But these are the main things I came away with.

Pretty much agree with that, very good but not necessarily brilliant.

Another vote for Olympus Has Fallen if you can live with the usual action movie premise that the hero can do more damage from 100 yards with a handgun than 10 baddies with sub-machine guns at 50 yards.

Another one that Mrs BiM and I enjoyed was Saving Mr. Banks; very good story & excellent performances by Emma Thompson and Tom Hanks.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Another vote for Saving Mr Banks. The Lego movie looks good too. White House down to watch this weekend along with Frozen and Thor, plus three Big Bangs to bring us right up to date with the States.

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have watched a fair few films this past week as follows:

American Hustle: Dire, ok in parts and its only redeeming feature for me is Amy Adams :)

Prisoners: Brilliant film Gyllenhal was very good as was Jackman and its keeps you watching & is quite gritty and disturbing at points.

Wolf of Wall Street: I loved it, you need to take the film for what it is visually and how DiCaprio portrays it brilliantly as the directorial side of it is a little bit of going through the motions

Man Of Steel: Decent film, good roles by Costner, Schneider, Cavell and Crowe but story is weak for me, its the actors that keep you watching it

Rush: Superb film so worth watching Hemsworth is awesome as James Hunt and this is possibly Ron Howards finest piece of directing. Recommend it to all even those not into F1.

As for Olympus has fallen it is a decent action flick but I preferred White House Down both very decent films though.

Next up is Draft Day cant wait for that another Costner lead character film and seems he is starting to out some good stuff again since many years of dross

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Prisoners: Brilliant film Gyllenhal was very good as was Jackman and its keeps you watching & is quite gritty and disturbing at points.

Rush: Superb film so worth watching Hemsworth is awesome as James Hunt and this is possibly Ron Howards finest piece of directing. Recommend it to all even those not into F1.

As for Olympus has fallen it is a decent action flick but I preferred White House Down both very decent films though.

Two good shouts for Prisoners and Rush, both very good, Hemsworth, Gyllenhall and Jackman all put in excellent performances as did Bruhl as Lauda. One I forgot last night was The Butler, Forrest Whitaker was excellent and Oprah Winfrey was much better than I expected. We'll give White House Down a run on the recommendations. Next cinema visits will be The Monuments Men and The Book Thief

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not usually bothered about shooty shooty films like Olympus Has Farted or whatever although I do have a soft spot for Arnie films :thup:
Just watched an old Danny Boyle film called Millions, quite enjoyed it.

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
Going old school Denzel Washington and Robert Duvall tonight and am watching Remember the Titans. One of my favourite films just brilliant.

D

Deleted member 15344

Going old school Denzel Washington and Robert Duvall tonight and am watching Remember the Titans. One of my favourite films just brilliant.

Big thumbs up for that film - cracking :thup:

PS: Its Will Patton :thup:

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
I always get confused with Patton and Duval no idea why though.

But it is a great film, it has me glued start to finish everytime I watch it.

lex!

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We went to see Lone Survivor last night. What a waste of time that was. Kiddies shoot em up stuff like Rambo revisited.