American Golf membership

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
That's not what the thread is about homer, is it? :eek:

You've been to AG before to try clubs, you've gone on record as saying so.

Indeed I have. But also had three awful fittings at Birds Hill, Slough and Camberley. One thing hitting balls in a net and getting some balls and them making mistakes with grips (as per LP so not just me), fittings etc. I've had poor experiences with launch monitor readings and so if I was OP is just hitting into a net then happy days. Over and above that, no thanks.

Sometimes, especially with my club pro having a very minimal range of demo clubs it's a good place to just try. I use to know the assistant manager of Birds Hill which has a range attached and so could try regularly. Don't see an issue in that per se

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Popping into AG in the morning so they can put a midsize on the new Aldila green tour shaft I seem to have acquired in a swap this afternoon, I dare say Ill find something to try :p

You can have the fat grip off the Matrix Ozik 6M black tie shaft I seemed to acquire in a swap this afternoon!

Skypilot

Assistant Pro
Visit site
......there was a choice of AD333 and B330RX
Went to Peterborough's AG (Thorpe Wood) this morning as I'm looking for new fairway woods.
A young guy accompanyed me as I trialed Ping G30 3 + 5 Woods. He told me the free balls would be either Srixon AD333 or Bridgestone B330.
Fine I thought, I quite like the Bridgestone.
Anyway got back to the shop and asked for the Bridgestone only to be told by another assistant that it's Srixon only.
I pointed out to him that all I'd read that other AG's were offering a choice of each and that the guy standing next him confirmed this - both looking a bit sheepish now.
He obviously decided to stick it out and said "they only sent us Srixon"
As he said this, he reached behind to grab a 3box of Srixons that were mixed in with a load of 3box Bridgestones.
I pointed this out to him. Very red red faced and blustery now "No, no, we just happened to have put them there"
Hmmmm.

It's no biggie except he was obviously just bloody lying for no good reason.
By the way - I liked the the Pings but will get them elsewhere now.

Last edited:

mchacker

Head Pro
Visit site
Popped up at lunch and got my free sleeve of B330RX:cool: while I was in 2 guys who came for other orders(one trolley one bag) got told if they hit something they'd get a free sleeve so they both hit a couple shots and left happier. Had a wee look at some quck numbers on GC2, was 'enlightening':eek:

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went down to AG earlier and hit the AWESOME Aeroburner fairway, and got some nice Srixon AD3333 Tour balls. Thanks AG, looking forward to giving them a go tomorrow!

Siren

Tour Rookie
Visit site
What is the membership package like?

Has anyone had the club MOT or Lesson?

How much of a hard sell?
Cheers

I had a lesson in the Cardiff store and the guy who gave me the lesson has gone one to give me 5/6 more lessons over the past few months and really helped my game. I suppose its like any other store because in Cardiff they cant do enough for you even if you dont buy anything but in Swansea they want every last pound you have. AG gets a lot of bad press but ill be honest after my I20/I25 debacle they were amazing for me considering I didnt even get the clubs from them.

As for club MOT I havent had it done but the guy im having lessons with has said he will redo my loft/lie ready for start of the season cheap enough.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had a lesson in the Cardiff store and the guy who gave me the lesson has gone one to give me 5/6 more lessons over the past few months and really helped my game. I suppose its like any other store because in Cardiff they cant do enough for you even if you dont buy anything but in Swansea they want every last pound you have. AG gets a lot of bad press but ill be honest after my I20/I25 debacle they were amazing for me considering I didnt even get the clubs from them.

As for club MOT I havent had it done but the guy im having lessons with has said he will redo my loft/lie ready for start of the season cheap enough.

I had my clubs MOT'd today. Phoned them on the off chance and was told to come straight down as they had no bookings. Hit a shot with each club, turns out my clubs were miles out. Everything coming out of the heel and the toe of the club hitting the board. My wedges were even 3-4 degrees out of loft. Had them bent back to where they should be and tried again, all good according to the strike tape stuff. I know AG have their knockers at times but I was really impressed with the service today. Only problem is I now have one less excuse for when it goes wrong!:mad: