American Golf in Trafford anyone?

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ok i know some people's opinions on the place as apposed to the local pros's, but i dont have the luxury of a club membership yet. I am going to have a driver custom fit and my local A.G suggested the one near the trafford centre. Apparently it has a two tier driving range with heated bays, the dogs wollops swing analysis software and all that malarki.
Anyway to the point, has anyone been there, been fitted, what was it like, the results? Should i need to know anything? take anything? (except my glove i know) Comments, feedback appreciated chaps.

mickytwodesks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Easy Tony,

The driving Range near the Trafford centre is my 'local' and i'm their every week. its pretty good for smaking a few balls. i would strongly recommend Adrian Rodgers (pro) for a few lessons if you require them? hes one of the nicest guys i've ever met :D

On to AG, i have purchased nearly everything in my bag from them (price matched!) and have been a little disappointed with the service if i'm honest. yes they have the kit but no they dont always use it.

you need to be be quite forceful with what you want, give it a go and see what you think.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Bloody 'ell I didnt know we had mancs on here.. Wife pass me the pitch fork an tha matches love...

witchhunt.gif

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Haha, i am not from manchester, its not my local. But was the place that my local AG recommended. If i was to have lessons (which i definitly need) i am fortunate enough to have a pro as a good mate and playing partner so he coaches me for free! But i was told this was a really good place to go.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
he just said my slice can be so bad i would probably benefit from a draw bias and if i wanted the best from a driver then i should get custom, have my swing speed recorded and fitted with the right flex shaft. I think i may need stiffer than reg but not as stiff as stiff, if that makes sense, any way i did a vid last night at the range so will try get it up on here for everyone to devour. Maybe you guys can spot something.