american golf fitting opportunity part 4

millisle1

Medal Winner
Visit site
Thought I'd leave the great experience I had until I had a wee hit with the new bats.

Turned up at AG to meet everyone absolutely knackered, no sleep hardly, was just like a kid waiting on Santa coming.

First up my own irons were checked for loft which showed they were all over the place, there was 2 degrees gap between 4-6 irons. it was also noticed the old Wilsons were distance irons and thus had an extra 1/2" on the shafts.

So up we went for a wee hit, 5 balls with my own irons and then 5 each with the 3 sets picked out to try and cure the lowish draw.

Tested on a 7 iron, dispersion on my own clubs was 40 yards, spin rate of 4500 and strike pattern was a bit heely

X22's felt absolutely lovely in the hand, i20's just as nice and the Yonex VMS's didn't feel that nice at all.

X22's, dispersion into 32, spin rate up to 5500 and lie angle was neutral, distance down from 180 to 165

i20's, dispersion into 30, spin rate up to 6200, neutral lie angle and distance down to 155.

Yonex, dispersion also 30, spin rate 6600, neutral lie angle and distance 180.

So it was decided I had a totally neutral fit and an off the shelf set would do.

Left it up to AG to decide what was best for me and the Yonex's won hands down.

So due to work and a nagging wife wanting DIY done, I've not long had a wee hit with new new pressies.

Tried every club and I've gone from a the low draw to a big slice, like 40-50 yards right of target, don't think I hit one straight.

A wee bit of range work and maybe throw in a wee lesson but I think it's just a matter of getting used to them.

Once again thanks GM, it was a fantastic experience and to AG for the time and effort in setting me up.

And yes I'm still walking about as though I've won the Euromillions.