American Golf custom fit

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Hi Chris

My name is Karl ( not Craig as posted ) & I am the guy you saw last week . I agree that its great to see the flight when on a fitting session the reality of it is that the majority of ranges I visit have sub-standard golf balls which again can lead to some interesting data particularly around spin rates & smash . I actually carry a rang of balls on the truck with me to use indoors , combined with the correctly set up LM with the correct distances both behind & in front of Flightscope this gives the best results in my experience. Thank you for the feedback , enjoy your game !

Hi Karl, I do apologise for getting your name wrong! At my age, I do have trouble even remembering my own!

I hope that my initial write up was fair, I thought you were pretty spot on with your fitting and personally would be happy to come and see you if I was planning to change clubs. I have spoken to various people about the experience and, to be honest, they are generally sceptical about AG and it's easy to say things like "but what handicap did the fitter play off" and other disparaging comments. All i know is that my mate and I saw the way you operated and thought it fair, accurate and honest!

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just a question on balls.
If anybody goes for a fitting,should they not use the balls they use on the course.
Seeing the flight is obviously good,but if your using a different ball surely the flight
could be different on the course.
Mark crossfield does his videos using a prov1x the ball he uses on the course,and
he always talks about flight.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Hi Chris

My name is Karl ( not Craig as posted ) & I am the guy you saw last week . I agree that its great to see the flight when on a fitting session the reality of it is that the majority of ranges I visit have sub-standard golf balls which again can lead to some interesting data particularly around spin rates & smash . I actually carry a rang of balls on the truck with me to use indoors , combined with the correctly set up LM with the correct distances both behind & in front of Flightscope this gives the best results in my experience. Thank you for the feedback , enjoy your game !

Seems excellent service from someone who knows what he is doing.

There is some residual negative attitudes towards AG from the way some of their outlets did business several years ago. I haven't seen that in any of the several stores I've visited in the past year or more. Just imagine, though, how profitable a few of the branches would be if they could attract Homer back!:whistle:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Just a question on balls.
If anybody goes for a fitting,should they not use the balls they use on the course.
Seeing the flight is obviously good,but if your using a different ball surely the flight
could be different on the course.
Mark crossfield does his videos using a prov1x the ball he uses on the course,and
he always talks about flight.

I'm not sure its that important as I assume that, indoors particularly, as most of the fitting is comparing one shaft to another and the same with the heads. and as the data is computed, the figures of most interest are not so much affected by the particular ball used. I cant, for example, see how the data would compute the difference between a Titleist Prov1 and a Bridgestone B330 and make the ball a deciding factor in which clubs to choose