Amateur Tours

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Recently there was a thread about the HDID & Golfcare competitions and the suspect nature of the handicaps and the people who are regulars at the final. It made me think an this year ive decided not to enter them. Reading Golf News last week I saw stories on the MidAm Tour, Wirral Golf Classic and TP Tour.
Anyone had any experience of these? The Wirral looks great value when you take into account the green free at Royal Liverpool on it's own.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have played on European AM tour and ATour both qualifying events and genuine score not drastic false handicaps around same with golfing days midland tour but this wasn't qualifying as played off 3/4 and 37 points won.

Mid am is main scratch prizes with nett as an extra an max h/cap 12 so
Can't see any issues there either.

Get booked up and have some good days out :)

jpenno

Head Pro
Visit site
If your considering the Wirral one there is also the Southpourt coast challenge - £300 or so BUT is a 72 Hole Amateur stableford Mens Championship with a Grand Final on the 5th day at Royal Birkdale Golf Club The other 4 Venues are Hillside Golf Club, West Lancashire Golf Club, Southport & Ainsdale Golf Club and Formby Ladies Golf Club. Each competitor will play 5 rounds of golf Monday to Friday on some of Britains Finest courses at the peak time of the year.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There are plenty of amateur events and tours you can play in. I personally won't play in the national matchplay events as this can't really be policed. Some tours are expensive but this may detract from the not so trust worthy hc players.