Always the small things

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had the wee man for a few lessons with Ross at our club, good lad and great with Matt, so thought I would go see him too as had a few issues.
Went to see him last week for my short game and found I got what he said, def work in progress, but has me swinging much shallower into the ball utilising the bounce more, I'm still getting used to it but I get the idea, and as I get VERY steep it almost takes that out of the swing so I am all up for that.
Seen him tonight to sort my driver, been having massive issues recently, I love my g30 was a rocket when I bought it, and still goes great but I have been hitting some shockers, and I mean shockers!
I hit a few balls after warming up and we got the full spectrum. Anyways, we looked at a few things, ball position, angle of attack, and release, and what seems to have happened is I have tried fixing my driving myself over recent weeks and I have got the ball outside my left foot, this is the cause of all my problems as I'm holding off releasing, flipping my hands and just generally hitting awful shots.
So we sorted my alignment and moved the ball about 3 inches maybe 4, and after a few shots there was a huge difference. I was back to hitting it straight, no slicking or snappers, I just need to work hard on my confidence and alignment. Was amazed that such a small issue had caused my driver to go mad.
Went and hit some more balls, not just driver, and by the time I was heading home, I had my driver back on flight, soft draw and felt great, the strik was so much cleaner, I am suitably impressed, and thankful I went for a wee check up.
I know it's a work in progress, I'm not that silly to think every ball will be right, but I am much happier than I was before the lesson so it's a win for me 😬