All things BBQ and Braai

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
May as well start a thread rather than get lost in the other one
Rookie error number one with my beer can chicken effort, too many coals so the BBQ was running too hot even with the vents just about closed.
Quick Google, removed half a dozen briquettes and spread the others out more, temp now sitting at a sweet 185c with the top vent fully open and bottom half shut ?

I'm expecting big things from CI on here, no pressure ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My ex BiL had a Green Egg. He cooked all sorts on that, it seemed an amazing bit of kit. Are they sneered at in bbq circles or are they perfectly acceptable?

The food he cooked was bloomin lovely so ultimately I don't care, I'm just intrigued as to how they are perceived.

In his divorce the Egg was one of the first things that he stipulated he wanted ?. That was non negotiable.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
My ex BiL had a Green Egg. He cooked all sorts on that, it seemed an amazing bit of kit. Are they sneered at in bbq circles or are they perfectly acceptable?

The food he cooked was bloomin lovely so ultimately I don't care, I'm just intrigued as to how they are perceived.

In his divorce the Egg was one of the first things that he stipulated he wanted ?. That was non negotiable.

???
I think they used them on the Great British Menu tv show, seems all the top chefs love em.
Lidl are currently selling a smaller version for £80 and they look to be very highly rated.