All things BBQ and Braai

MACM85

Visit site
Just ordered another full packer brisket and a jacobs ladder from a place called IDevour, pretty cheap plus I got a 10% discount code from a Facebook group I'm in 👍

What was the stuff like from IDevour? Considering making a purchase. Also what group was the discount code from?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
What was the stuff like from IDevour? Considering making a purchase. Also what group was the discount code from?

I haven't cooked it yet but the brisket looks fantastic, beef short ribs are maybe a little skinny but I'll find out better when I cook them tomorrow.
Code I used is CWSUK10 👍
Btw I read yesterday the beef cheeks are supposed to be excellent :unsure:

MACM85

Visit site
I haven't cooked it yet but the brisket looks fantastic, beef short ribs are maybe a little skinny but I'll find out better when I cook them tomorrow.
Code I used is CWSUK10 👍
Btw I read yesterday the beef cheeks are supposed to be excellent :unsure:

I believe they are just about to put their 8kg briskets on an offer for £50 each

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
IMG_20240303_180011~2.jpg
Had the pizza oven out this evening for the first time this year for older Colch Juniors birthday. Bit of a contrast between this and all the low and slow cooking going on. Approx 3 minutes at 650F and they're done.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
We got a pizza oven for Christmas. Are you just putting it onto a wooden table? Is it fine there?

Not been on it yet, need to get the gas cylinder and good weather.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We got a pizza oven for Christmas. Are you just putting it onto a wooden table? Is it fine there?

Not been on it yet, need to get the gas cylinder and good weather.

No problem with ours on a wooden table. It burns wood pellets and we've not had any problems - except for user error in the early days dropping some of the burning wood pellets on the table when opening the back to add more. Being patient enough to get the temperature right was the biggest issue with ours. Don't try to cook on it too soon. Let it get right up to temperature before putting the pizza in. If you put one in at 250C/500F you might as well just use the oven in the kitchen. Take the extra time and wait to let it get up to 650F to 700F and a pizza will cook in no time at all - it literally is 2 to 3 minutes to cook a pizza turning it half way to ensure it cooks evenly.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I Fancy doing some Burnt ends and maybe some Ribs this weekend on the Kamado (weather permitting) got some A&O Sweet Bones and Butts rub, any recommendations for a Mop sauce?

Someone on the reviews on the rub said mixed with beer it made a great sauce but I’m not keen.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I Fancy doing some Burnt ends and maybe some Ribs this weekend on the Kamado (weather permitting) got some A&O Sweet Bones and Butts rub, any recommendations for a Mop sauce?

Someone on the reviews on the rub said mixed with beer it made a great sauce but I’m not keen.

I love experimenting with ribs, my favourite so far though is a Tubby Tom's burnt peach and bourbon sauce, oh my lord that stuff is good 😋