Alignment of driver at address.

white_feather

Club Champion
Visit site
I always thought you aligned the driver with the toe of the club when driver's head was resting on the ground.

However watching the pros yesterday i noticed some align it with the heel, which is the right way?

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
not sure if there is a right or a wrong way.. I align mine to the sweet spot! its the only time the sweet spot gets anywhere near the ball!!

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
It all depends on your swing.
Put some tape on the face of your driver and experiment on the range and see which works best for you.
Try starting with it in the middle would be my advice

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I align my driver with the toe, but I ground the club behind the ball. If i were to lift the club up level with the ball its in the middle.

not sure what others do, but thats why i line up with the toe.

Stub

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have a tendency to hit near the heel of my driver and line up with the centre behind the ball and the driver grounded. Never considered that lifting the driver head off the ground will put the ball closer to the heel. Dohh!! - must experiment with that. Thanks for the thought.

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
I align mine slightly closer to the heel at address as this tends to mean I find the middle of the face at impact, when I align from the centre I get more strikes off the toe, just something that works for me.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I align in the middle and hit in the middle.

All depends on your swing and where you currently strike the face?