Alignment - Any tips?

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think it was lee Trevino that came out with this one, As long as the ball goes where I am looking, I don't care where I'm aiming. (Or words to that effect).

two-clubs

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think that has something to do with a buxom brunette is a stupidly small skirt....I didnt even notice it was golf related the first 3 times I watched it.

That video is a complete nonsense - how could she even see her knees and toes when bending forward......

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
On a number of holes on my home course i struggle with alignment on the tee box. I can't seem to get my shot right and always end up in the ditch on the right hand side (im left handed) even when I aim further left to compensate the right hook becomes even worse!

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
I stand behind the ball, pick a line, on that line pick a mark (blade of grass, part of a divot, an old tee) line my clubface up to that (perpendicular of course). I then stand with my feet together with the ball inline with the middle of my stance, step out with my left foot then step out with right foot settle in position and duff it.

Scrindle

Head Pro
Visit site
I stand about 5 or 6 feet behind the ball and look for an obvious point on the ground in front of the ball that is aligned to target. I then line the club face up with the ball and the spot I have picked out, take my stance around the club and go from there.

Works well for me. A member at my club showed it to me during my first competition when I mentioned that I stuggle with alignment (I also used to aim right of where I thought I was).