Aldila RIP 60 a?

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not really expecting lots of replies to this but ill chance my arm anyway...

Iv got my hands on a Titleist 910 12 degree D2 Driver head and on friday evening i played 18 holes with a Pal of mine whom i was able to borrow the above shaft off of....
Im not sure was it a fluke but this combination of head and shaft produced one of the most consistent flights for me that iv ever witnessed with a driver...

I see all my game left to right now and as most know iv stopped trying to draw the ball....
I was getting great carry with a mid to high ball flight and about 3 yards of movement on the ball.... I hit most fairways that i was aiming for and if i did miss it wasnt by much....

I was just very confident of being able to aim down the left edge and get a nice push fade going....

Now heres my predicament... I only had this shaft on loan..... And as the shillings are tight it would be a stretch to get one...
Are their any other shafts that play very similar to the above but are a little less severe on the pocket.... I think it retails here in Ireland in Golf Store Europe for around 112 euro....

I play a Diamana KiaLi Stiff in my Hybrid and i also get a lovely flight from this shaft too..... Would a Stiff KiaLi driver shaft play anything similar to the Rip....

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
These shafts are a few years old now so you should be able to pick one up second hand for a reasonable price. I have the same shaft in my 910 D3 and wouldn't stop it for anything.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Grafalloy Red?

Best value Low spin/launch (RIP a's attributes) I know of. Bit dull on the feedback, but dead cheap!

I would expect the Kai'Li to launch a shade higher than the RIP a - may not be too noticeable. Also relatively expensive - unless you have one available.

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For all the shaft-oids out there ... driver shafts make less difference to flight/spin rate/trajectory than a centered hit does. They can only ever really very fine tune the flight.

Any shaft can only bring spin down by around 400-500 rpms max, but hitting the ball off the bottom/top/toe/heel of the driver face can affect the spin rate by 1000+ & some, all the ways up to 2000 rpm's & more.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've got one you can have for the price of postage.

I put it back into my 910 every now and then….. it always gets close to being snapped. Hate the thing so your welcome to it.
(Got a new grip on it too)

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've got one you can have for the price of postage.

I put it back into my 910 every now and then….. it always gets close to being snapped. Hate the thing so your welcome to it.
(Got a new grip on it too)

PM sent Pal....:thup:

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
What you need is a Diamana S+ in mint condition!! I have just what you need.... Think I might be a little late on this...:eek: