After 9 years of trying, finally scored Masters tickets

fudgeukraine

Visit site
Fingers crossed Covid doesn't stop it!. Managed to get Monday practice tickets. Astounded as didn't think there'd be any ballot this year on account of the hold-over from 2020.

Whilst only Monday and Practice, I don't think I can pass up the bucket list opportunity to go, so need to start thinking about it. Has anyone been before or got any tips? Trying to tie it into a family holiday if I can, otherwise will just head over for that and do some stuff before/after. Looks pretty accessable in terms of flights (albeit expensive due to Easter), but not sure about the best options

Attachments

• Masters2.jpg
    Masters2.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 47

evemccc

Visit site
Fingers crossed Covid doesn't stop it!. Managed to get Monday practice tickets. Astounded as didn't think there'd be any ballot this year on account of the hold-over from 2020.

Whilst only Monday and Practice, I don't think I can pass up the bucket list opportunity to go, so need to start thinking about it. Has anyone been before or got any tips? Trying to tie it into a family holiday if I can, otherwise will just head over for that and do some stuff before/after. Looks pretty accessable in terms of flights (albeit expensive due to Easter), but not sure about the best options
Congrats - will be once in a lifetime stuff
I saw a Rick Shiels video on his visit there, recommended viewing if you’re planning a trip

fudgeukraine

Visit site
Well after lots of stress and constant reviews of the US and UK Gov travel advice worrying about going (plus trying to convince 3 others to come!) the Masters made the decision for me: With the limited capacity they are doing, they've messaged to say that my tickets are getting shifted to next year.

Least means don't have to worry anymore and got an extra year to save and hope everything opens back up again, will have to resign myself to watching it on the TV this year though, but safe in the knowledge will be there 2022.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well after lots of stress and constant reviews of the US and UK Gov travel advice worrying about going (plus trying to convince 3 others to come!) the Masters made the decision for me: With the limited capacity they are doing, they've messaged to say that my tickets are getting shifted to next year.

Least means don't have to worry anymore and got an extra year to save and hope everything opens back up again, will have to resign myself to watching it on the TV this year though, but safe in the knowledge will be there 2022.

That's a good result, isn't it? I'd be pleased with that I think, given the realistic alternatives!

Ridgeman

Visit site

Good result.

mister v

Visit site
Ive been applying for 7 years and was told a rough rule of thumb is approx 10 years of applications before getting lucky...... fingers crossed only 3 more years to go!!
Some of the lads from our club have been and they all swear its the best thing they've done
Proper jealous , have a great time!

fudgeukraine

Visit site
Ive been applying for 7 years and was told a rough rule of thumb is approx 10 years of applications before getting lucky...... fingers crossed only 3 more years to go!!
Some of the lads from our club have been and they all swear its the best thing they've done
Proper jealous , have a great time!

Cheers, funnily enough first application was 2011 (for 2012 tourney) so 10 years exact!

fudgeukraine

Visit site
I've been in the Ballot for over 20 years, never a sniff. Only way I got to go was to buy a package!

Nightmare! fingers crossed you'll get it again.

Any tips or advice for it, both Masters itself and the area itself? Be good to know what to do/not do and any hidden gems!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
As I think last year showed and backed up the mantra we are fed year on year that it's more hilly than it looks and one of our guys (around 64 when he went) found some of it a little tough at times.